Colt M4 & Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

That's my next purchase. I love them. One question though.. why don't you use the QD sling mount on the receiver instead of adding another sling plate? I presume you're worried about damaging the receiver? Would definitely look better with black furniture rather than Tan.. the Magpul Tan doesn't seem to quite match the VFC Tan.

Comment

I didn't add the sling plate, came like that. Since it's got KAC markings and matches the finish on the gun closely I'd originally assumed it was installed at the factory by VFC, but I purchased the gun 2nd hand and checking retailers' listings it looks like it's actually an add-on the previous owner implemented. I've read about the integral QD mounts having some issues and mine seem to echo that, the one on the left side of the gun (which is the one I'd use) has gradually started to work its' way out of position but I've no idea if it's attached with a screw thread, glue or something else so it's hard to decide how to go about getting it back in to place. Sufficed to say that for now the additional end plate is the option I know that's 100% secure, don't fancy the rifle taking a sudden unexpected drop when I'm least expecting it.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

My all Magpul M4 after a heavy sponging. Works great in nearly all areas of dry woodland, earth, urban and goes nice with ATACS too. I stippled the front and back of the grips and 8 PMags. Still waiting on a BLtech PEQ bang box and then I'll fill in the rail space. Definitely looking forward to making some pop noises on an AEG.

Comment

Really liking the sponging, very unique. Would like to see the BLtech in action as well

Comment

Thanks man. I blended some of the spray (this one is just khaki and brown) underneath to mesh them together a little better, otherwise you get that flat two-colour look to it.
            As for BLTech; you and me both mate. I wanted to wire some into my GBB rifles too but don't want to retrofit new electronics.
            Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 8 February, 2014, 19:01.

Comment

well im finally happy with my M4 :D

sigpic

Comment

My KWA SR10
                P1060274.jpg
                P1060276.jpg
                P1060277.jpg
                P1060278.jpg
                P1060275.jpg

Comment

Here's my PTS RM4 Scout awesome rifle and the kick is fantastic. It's an AEG but it doesn't shoot like it! I've got an 11" Noveske NSR rail to put on it just need to sort out the wiring. Was hoping to put a Midwest Industries SS Series Gen 2 rail on it but I just cant see how I'll get the 3 cell 11.1v Lipo pack inside there!

Comment

Very nice Delta. How does the performance and kick compare to a Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock? Been considering one of these myself.

Comment

Thanks man, I'm waiting on a couple cans of Krylon to turn up then I'm gonna be spraying the stock, pistol grip and handguards OD. Will give them some nice wear then it's done 'till I can get that NSR on it!

As for the kick It's been a while since I fired a TM recoil and it was a while ago but from what I can remember its definitely on par if not more. Either way I am very happy with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                        Here's my PTS RM4 Scout awesome rifle and the kick is fantastic. It's an AEG but it doesn't shoot like it! I've got an 11" Noveske NSR rail to put on it just need to sort out the wiring. Was hoping to put a Midwest Industries SS Series Gen 2 rail on it but I just cant see how I'll get the 3 cell 11.1v Lipo pack inside there!
                        what flash hider is that?

Comment

Thats a Surefire MB556k clone by Crusader

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            Thanks man, I'm waiting on a couple cans of Krylon to turn up then I'm gonna be spraying the stock, pistol grip and handguards OD. Will give them some nice wear then it's done 'till I can get that NSR on it!

As for the kick It's been a while since I fired a TM recoil and it was a while ago but from what I can remember its definitely on par if not more. Either way I am very happy with it!
                            Cheers mate. Ill have to get my hands on it at some point and give it a go. Its this or save for a TM Scar H!

Comment

Where did you get the mag converter?
                              The clown has no penis

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                                Cheers mate. Ill have to get my hands on it at some point and give it a go. Its this or save for a TM Scar H!
                                To be honest with you I would go with this personally. There's so much new development with the KWA/PTS systems its really nice to be involved. They're soon bringing out a standard colt styled RM4 also which is rear wired which still keeps the recoil in the stock but allows for batteries to be stored in the crane stock. I'm not so sure as it'd limit what stock you can use but its certainly interesting. I'll probably pick one up, it might be the kick I need to get out of my Magpul obsession!

One thing I will say though which really has amazed me, I played with it the weekend before last in torrential rain and horrendously muddy/boggy terrain. I went with a group of guys and they all had problems with the water be it electrical or just water affecting the hop. The RM4 just kept on going round after round after round with absolutely no issues at all. I'm not one to baby my kit and I spend a lot of time crawling around the undergrowth, my rifle gets an absolute beating. When I got home that evening I stripped it all down and literally poured water out of the stock tube and gearbox. After cleaning everything up, regreasing and making sure it was all clean and dry it's still running as new. I'm amazed. I've killed various rifles including a PTW over my time and this really did take a beating that would usually have most rifles misbehaving!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X