• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

image.jpg

Comment

DSCF6549.jpgDSCF6550.jpgDSCF6551.jpg

Finally, after 3 years of hunting for a parts, my kbk Tantal wz88 ( custom model ) is made so far in 80% :-)
      The most difficult part to get was muzzle break -almost impossible to get it in Poland (as I'm native Pole so I know what I say ). Almost it has taken me a 3 years to get the nuzzle
      Tantal's rifle and its parts are quite common in US, however due to some federal or state law, shipping any gun parts outside US is forbidden.

So let's state what I have:
      - As base I used AIMS ( made by Cyma ).
      - Plywood and gas pipe are from AKM ( made state factory ).
      - Original Tantal nuzzle break.
      - Gas block - AK74 Dboy ( is going to be modified to look like Tantal's gas block )
      - Barrel ( AIMS and AK74 Dboy - barrels still need to be selected and machined for right size)
      - Front iron sight - AIMS Cyma
      - Rare iron sight - Kbk. Tantal wz 88
      - Rare irong sight block - still need to be modified and machined to remove this level who locks the gas pipe
      - plywood's brackets- AIMS Cyma ( and need to be modified and machined a little bit as well )

Comment

Good job on the tantal - i considered making one myself but the muzzle break put me off haha

Comment

I saw a link to real deal Tantal hand guards? Not too expensive and would finish it off nicely!

Comment

Tantal handgaurds aren't expensive. You can use instead of them, Beryl's handguards

Problem is located in rare sight block and other parts- they have unique design ( see the source of internet for more details ) ex: handguard's brackets design is "similar" to SVD's

I saw a pictures and mods, how people modified standard AKM rare sight block to fit it for purpose of Tantal. IMO if you have a time and tools, you can do it, and internet is full of DIY descriptions .

Another aspect of Tantal/ Beryl - external barrel has different diameter that AEG, hence you have to cut the barrel on right size ( remove approx 0.5- 1mm )

Comment

zdjcie019jt.jpgzdjcie020wv.jpg

Another 2 pictures of AEG Tantal wz 88 :-) AEG mosfet'ed, barrel cut on size, with full working fire selector located on left hand side and plenty of real steel parts. Only lower receiver isn't.

Unfortunately, it isn't mine

Comment

Here is a before:

CYMA_AK-105_CM.031B.jpg

And here is after

ITAK-2.jpg

I've called it Ivan The AK (ITAK)

Inside he's rocking a G&P M120, 6.03 Ultimate Tight Bore and a Madbull Blue hop rubber. It's been serviced by Frenchie at F.A.S.T and is shooting sweetly. Sounds demonic on an 11.1 Lipo.
                It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Comment

Big improvement. Really like that.

Anyone know of a skeleton stock (either frame or wire) that'd fit a WE PMC stamped body?
                  I've tried to fit a real steel one I had sitting about but it's too narrow at the trunnion.
                  If I can't get a folder on I'm just gonna stick the M4 style Russian Spets-tac stock on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
                    Big improvement. Really like that.

Anyone know of a skeleton stock (either frame or wire) that'd fit a WE PMC stamped body?
                    I've tried to fit a real steel one I had sitting about but it's too narrow at the trunnion.
                    If I can't get a folder on I'm just gonna stick the M4 style Russian Spets-tac stock on it.
                    Hey bud. Hope you're enjoying the AK!

The WE AKs are AEG dimensions, so I don't see why an AEG folder wouldn't fit with a little modification.

The WE AKS74u skeleton stock would also fit. If you can find one that is!

Comment

Aye she is pretty.
                      Good shout. I'll look for the 74shorty stock.

Comment

Rifleman you will need the lower to go with the stock sorry to say I know one place that has a new we lower and stock in the UK atm
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

No bother, JJ. Thanks for the heads up.
                          Decided to persevere with this wire stock instead, to keep the cheap as chips PMC around town look. Bit of tooling grit and it's on there rock solid, nice and flush with the body. Snaps back hard and doesn't obstruct the FS switch.
                          Pretty much sorted I reckon, with this and Coski's vented upper and shortened barrel mods I wouldn't change a thing on it.

Comment

That thing looks bloody gorgeous! Good job mate! Wish I'd done that to it now haha.

Comment

LOOKs very nice ! would look even better with a AKM or rommi wood lower :P
                              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Thanks Coski. You did a really good job on the chop down, mucker. I was impressed when I took the muzzle brake off.

Not on this one, JJ. I've got AK variants coming out the wazoo and this the only half tacti-cool one among them. The rest are all AKM Ruski and Rommi variants.
                                I could be tempted by a Tula factory gas block rail and tiny red dot. That would be weirdly excellent with the extra short barrel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X