Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

Drilled and tapped the Aks74u body just now for a side rail, (the body is a good 2-3mm thick!)

Then attached the real steel kobra that arrived this morning.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I recently bought the Real Sword 56 underfolder. I love the thing, used it for a couple of skirmishes... but after a couple of weeks a few things started to irk me about it.

The wood finish was that authentic but still gross Chinese dump brown. It had that thick and grungy feel to it, unlike my SVD which has that smoother varnish and nice Soviet red colour about it.
      I took it all back to the bone, bleached it and in the end I fancied a blondie.

The blued steel coat was very black-grey and really thin. It wasn't hard wearing, especially for a rough AK finish. Anyway I took the whole thing apart, stripped away the finish and took it all back to the steel. Degreased it and ended up bluing it myself.
      Now it's a much deeper blue-black. The blue is easier to see in person when the light moves over it.

While I was letting it harden I decided to do the polished charging handle too. Seemed daft leaving it, standing out like a dog's bollocks.

Pretty pleased with the results and just have to do the spare mags.

Comment

That actually looks really good. I am still to weather my AKs.

Comment

Looks nice Lizard

I have to say, I didn't go through the same effort, just meticulous and widespread going over with 600grit Wet and Dry. Buffed the edge off a bit so it looks used, but not worn

Comment

Thanks man.

I like the weathered look too, on just about anything really. I did a similar thing (bit heavier) with my GHK AKM a while back.
            I was gonna blue this one too but to be honest I'm quite taken with the sand-worn look. Since then I replaced the hilarious lolly-stick pistol grip with a matching surplus 60's model.

Think I'll just leave this gun as is now.
            I'm putting together a cast mold of the issued bayo' too, try and knock out some strong but skirmishable versions for the hell of it.

Lovely bit of kit to go with some old Soviet kit I've hoarded over the years. I'm a rummager.

Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 24 January, 2014, 13:54.

Comment

I really have the urge to tinker with my AK-105 but I want it to look Russian-tacticool, so it needs to be massively over engineered and involve girders at some point in it's construction.

Aside from this, are there any grenade launchers out there to fit the 105 that isn't a RIS handguard and a bloody M320? I would love a GP30 but these don't fit on the 105s gas block.

Any ideas?
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Both the 104 and 105 have seen very limited use, the 104 is the only variant that has been regularly seen (even then not much). It's never been seen with a grenade launcher, it is designed more for urban environments where a grenade launcher isn't the most practical of things (MVD prefer to shoot RPG26s instead).

Comment

any russian /soviet grande launcher doesn't fit to 104/5 variants..

Comment

Better pics of the 74u.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Hi all,

I've got a CA Arsenal SLR 105 Tactical to which I want to do a bit of pimping. I wanted to start with a different muzzle brake - something like the Madbull JP rifles one - but when I take off my muzzle brake which is fitted to an AK104 type gas block - the diameter of the thread is huge; about an inch.

Do you guys know who makes a 104 type gas block assembly with a 14mm thread so I can put on a different muzzle brake? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Here we go again

Comment

@JFarrow What AK is that fella? looks sweet

Comment

GHK AKS74U. It's a fantastic little gun

Comment

Whats the body made out of? is it steel?

Comment

It's made in conjunction with LCT so I believe it's all proper steel and wood, makes a good club if you ask me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X