Collapse

Steyr Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks people I have already came across these before.
    think I'm gonna have a go at the m4 mag conversion and cut it to fit whilst using liquid metal to help with the mag release.
    Thanks for your help.

Also do you know of any good sites that sell upgrade / spare parts of an aug?
    Seems very hard to find anywhere that sells more than only mags.

Comment

Re: Steyr Aug

ony place we can say is zeroone.
      if you ring them up with a part that you want they can order it in for you

Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Kevlaa View Post
        think I'm gonna have a go at the m4 mag conversion and cut it to fit whilst using liquid metal to help with the mag release.
        Thanks for your help.
        PLEASE PLEASE take the opportunity to become the first airsofter (that I know of, at any rate) to take advantage of the fact that STEYR ALREADY DID THIS. Their answer was the NATO stock, which is designed to feed STANAG magazines; this is a real-steel (well, polymer) piece that is much, much tougher than any airsoft equivalent, and yet (being plastic) much easier to modify for airsoft use than metal. It has two mag releases, and it's not illegal to import to the UK if you fill out the correct paperwork (in fact, you might be able to find it on sale from a UK store). Go on, you know you want to:

($199CDN = c. £120)

Comment

Na sorry seems like a LOT of bother, I also lose my rapid ROF which is why I want new auto feeding mags to start with.
          Thanks anyways pal

Comment

Worth a try... Why would you lose the high ROF?

Comment

Whilst the NATO receiver set would be awesome, It'd take ages to fit a gearbox to it, and if you mess it up, that's a lot of money gone.

Comment

Lot of work, yes. Undeniably unique and very cool? In my opinion, also yes. If I can find someone in the UK with a deactivated RS AUG (or someone in the States with a functioning one) to get measurements off I'll try my hand at designing a GBB parts kit that would just slot in to that stock, and accept as many of the RS parts as possible (selector switches etc) too. It's just too good an opportunity to pass up.

Comment

Oh i would so be interested in that!

Comment

I read that the NATO one is not compatible for full auto??

Comment

*ahem*

Comment

Here's mine:

And my version of the HBAR cos I can't find any HBAR kits in stock anywhere:

Has anyone broke off their foregrips on the field?? I wouldn't call myself heavy handed with things but mine snapped off at the pot metal pivot joint so kind of unrepairable, my mate used to have a CA AUG and his foregrip didn't last very long either. Any replacements out there???

Edit: treadhead that m4 mag conversion did you just cut off the lower protruding plastic behind the bb feed tube in the receiver and added the mag catch or was it much more complicated? I tried fitting an m4 mag in it actually fits but the plastic step stops it going further up is there actually anything behind it if you cut it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevlaa View Post
                          I read that the NATO one is not compatible for full auto??
                          Correct, I think there is a tab inside the NATO stock to prevent select fire - but that wouldn't matter with a hypothetical GBBR because internally they wouldn't have much in common.

Comment

A JG AUG I got rather cheaply that I modified a bit to create a perfect little combat rifle. Has a 9.6v custom pack, Integrated style silencer, modified fire selector for a fixed semi option and I took the foregrip off.

Comment

Basically I had to reprofile the magwell to allow the M4 mag to sit further forwards and align with the feed nozzle. Made an extended feed nozzle to meet with the mag (as armalite mags don't have the step the AUG ones do. Lots of cunning trickery was employed in making the mag catch work from the AUG mag release button.

Downside is to make it work you have to remove the trigger components form the gearbox, replacing them with a microswitch and a mosfet. Not having the physical trigger components means semi is no longer an option so it's full auto only, unless you've got a fancy mosfet... I've got a tutorial up on another forum (suspect I can't link to it here) - seek and ye shall find!

The upside is it uses any unmodified STANAG mags so it's a truly STANAG gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                                A JG AUG I got rather cheaply that I modified a bit to create a perfect little combat rifle. Has a 9.6v custom pack, Integrated style silencer, modified fire selector for a fixed semi option and I took the foregrip off.

That looks awesome mate! Well done for giving it a new lease of life.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

helpimonfire I like cars and guns. And wimmins. And expensive hobbies. I suppose it all goes hand in hand there.. Find out more about helpimonfire
                                Working...
                                X