L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.elcansightingsystems.com/...bat_sights.php

2nd one is the one used by our armed forces.

http://www.elcansightingsystems.com/...ole_sights.php

And the 1st one there is the one that's copied by the ACM manufacturers.

It's just the fact that the Specter OS 4x is fixed 4x magnification and the DR is switchable between 1&4x, ironic really as the copies come in DR form but some also have a fixed 4x zoom, easier and cheaper to put it in the same shell though I suppose rather than copy another design just to make a fixed 4x scope.
    And like I said its also the fact that the DR appears to be much more widely used.

Comment

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

The last few rifles look awesome - I really was trying not to buy a spectre after setting up my ACOG - they look awesome though, I'm really wavering:/

Comment

I'd love to see the DR and LDS side by side. Seem to be only slight physical differences? Remove the middle bit, reemove irons, maybe smooth off the sides?
        Selling:
        ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

Madbull produced the SA80 RIS Rail so I don't see why someone can't produce this?

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

I hope you're not just lying down and accepting that?...
            ive recieved it now 5 weeks after the B*stards took it for no reason no duty to pay no anything they said they were keeping it as routine or something ill get another pic up later

Comment

Well there is so many ACOG's one would hope so... Still want a L129 and its ACOG!
              Selling:

Comment

Here's my near finished SA80. And yes it is an AA R85. Attached we have the Daniel Defence L85 RIS, TA031, Grip Bipod (Gripod whatever they're called these days) and the Element LLM01. 401354_10150772280597178_688752177_12591143_1426802374_n.jpg402555_10150772280887178_688752177_12591144_1024009324_n.jpg432304_10150772281232178_688752177_12591145_816470902_n.jpg

Comment

• Not right with the PEQ

Good job all the same though.

Comment

SAM_0753.jpgSAM_0760.jpg update still missing llm

Comment

Is that a suppressor on the L85?? If so, does anyone have any more info?

Also, what is the sniper tape that crops up on the sides of L85's? Like here:

Operation Zamari Sola 2 is a 2 day find, feel, understand and influence operation being conducted by 4 SCOTS, B Company east of Babajai in Helmand Province who will push out to Check Point Khoorashan to conduct their operations. This operation was a partnered operation with Afghan National Police (ANP). July 2011 - © UK MOD CROWN COPYRIGHT 2010 Pictures By: PO (PHOT) Hamish Burke
                      Selling:

Comment

no it doesn't look like a suppressor, too small.

the sniper tape is apparently to stop the dust getting in to certain components. i did it to my WE L85, look through page 6.

Comment

First thought was a dust cap, but looked integral. Very odd.

Thanks Tom, I thought as much, it was your pic that made me look!
                          Selling:

Comment

it could be a silencer as it could be the surefire FA556SA its only 4.6 inches long and it fits onto the sa80

Comment

• All done

Apart from the bloody cocking handle

Comment

Originally posted by shadowlink25 View Post
                                it could be a silencer as it could be the surefire FA556SA its only 4.6 inches long and it fits onto the sa80
                                if it's suppressor then it's not going to do much being that small... the surefire ones are thick and chunky, the ''thing'' in the pic is not.

Tisane - that looks almost exactly like mine!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X