L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

i'm sure if you PM him or wait a bit he'll reply. I asked him, he replied, although he gave me a link directly to the image : ) and I have bought it.
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

• Sent him exactly the same as you mate :D

Comment

you sent me the direct link to the image :P
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

• I would say it was to conform to forum rules but I'd be lying...lol
          Yeah I'm sure he can work it out

Comment

seen a sling like that..........................my brother has 1 for his L85A2 fitted to his Ospray body armour and he won't give to me as he says he might have to hand it back to stores, things like that always go missing lol
            Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Originally posted by EchoFox View Post
              At some point along the line (I think it was at least by the introduction of Mk. 3) Osprey plate carriers started to incorporate a fastex buckle on the right shoulder, to which you could attach the rifle via a small strap that attached via the rear sling loop, like in this image.

Also what's wrong with the standard sling? I think it works really, really well.
              No, they have been knocking around for ages, certainly mk2, if not mk 1. At least 07 and certainly 08.

Felix, it used to be part of the kit you got when you got issued your osprey in theatre. In Basra I think we signed for all of it on arrival as part of rosi - shoulder pads, neck pads etc. I took mine as I thought it might be usefull when I handed all the stuff back in at the end.
              Looks like they are a bit nicer looking now, mine was just webbing strap and a black clip.
              Last edited by Snowdrop; 1 March, 2012, 18:12.
              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

• Re: L85a1/a2..... SA80a1/A2

I am the same - Have just bought an ICS L85A2 but also have a TM SCAR L Recoil shock and now cant make up my mind which toy to play with - Like a kid in a candy shop lol

Comment

Latest in a long line of SA80s!

No grip pod as I hate them.... Waiting for LLM-01 to arrive!
                  G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

My AA L85

I'm still considering selling it to get an Ares one...waiting on a few internal parts for this and a couple of missing parts.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Comment

My Ares is almost done now, just waiting for the correct flashider from HK.

A quick thankyou to Panoptes, for convincing me to buy an Ares, I have never been so impressed with an AEG, every feature is brilliant, from the spring release, the quick swap spring, the way it breaks down. Out of the box its an amazing gun, I've broken it down to change the inner barrel and re-wire to deans. Just a great piece of kit.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Awesome, innit! ARES L85 and a tightbore and you're nailing midges at a thousand yards!

Comment

Everything I have heard points to a TB being a good investment for a new Ares, how about a new hop? I ask because my Star's performance has fallen off a cliff lately, and I think it's down to the hop primarily, I can't see it's having any discernable effect.

I was thinking my new Ares L85, when I get it, will have a Prometheus TB and TM hop rubber - is that a good combo in people's experience? If I am going to be tricking out another expensive and heavy rifle, I want to atleast make sure I get real performance out of it. At the moment I just don't have a reason to leave my L119 at home, which is a shame since I prefer anything SA80 shaped.

TB Im set on, but is a new hop rubber necessary? And if so, is TM a good choice?

*Edited for spelling*

Comment

My ares is brand new, but the hop seemed fine. Another little thing that made me smile whilst checking out the Ares when I got it, the SA80 Multitool that fell out of the pistol grip. Handy stuff.

Comment

Enjoy!

IMAG0258.jpg
                                IMAG0259.jpg
                                IMAG0264.jpg

my ics l85, due to the r.i.s i had to fit a 7.4 stock tube lipo as i didnt want a 11.1 and then found rate of fire to slow so replaced it with a g&p m120 short motor.
                                and now it sounds EPIC!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X