L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Already posted this on the wanted thread, but im after the Ares RIS rail to mount a spectre, does anyone have one they want to sell, or know anywhere where they are in stock, i have already checked the usual suspects, but these things seem to be rarer than unicorn semen

Comment

*double post* Silly forum is silly.

Comment

• The only way to do it so you don't have to remove the RIS is to remove the gas parts and put a cranestock lipo over or slightly either side of the barrel.

It's tight but does work.

Comment

Hm, I'll have to get a cranestock lipo then, it's basically the only type of battery I don't have :P, thanks.
          Last edited by Decho; 21 July, 2012, 17:11.

Comment

Is it possible to remove the gasblock (without violence/dremel) from STAR L85 to make room for the LiPo? How big of a battery can you fit without it?

Comment

• I wouldn't recommend it on the Star/Ares as the gas parts are a structural part.

If you want to risk it though, split the gun, just inside of the upper is a plastic block, remove it from the gun and split it in half, then move on to the front sight/gas block and split that in half, hey presto no more gas parts.

Comment

Hmm, I guess that's not good then. Any ideas on battery placement then? Under the barrel and above the bottom of the RIS?

Comment

• Yes under the barrel is the best place, some lipos fit just nicely in the gap just above the bottom rail.

Comment

As mentioned previously in the thread, a 1300 7.4 crane stock LiPo fits perfectly in the horizontal slots.

Comment

As far as my measurements go, the space is about 22x25x125mm big. I'm choosing between "Turnigy nano-tech 1200mah 2S 15~25C Lipo" (125x6x20mm (Each)) or "Turnigy nano-tech 1400mah 2S 15~25C" (125x7x21mm (Each)), both are nunchaku-type. They both should fit, how big are your batterys?

Comment

what would people think about a 5.5x acog on an L86 for a more DMR / support style play. I know acogs are used on them, but only know of the 4x ones used. I'd never even heard of a 5.5x acog until today. Found a nice replica for not a terrible price and very tempted as a secondary scope for more long range style play
                        I can assume i can link to trijicon's site..... http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...3.php?pid=TA55

Comment

What a ridiculously ugly scope!!

Comment

Time to save some money up for a ELCAN SpecterOS4x...

Comment

If you're going for the 5.5x purely for the added zoom, it's not really a massive difference over a regular 4x sight, especially in airsoft terms where 4x will be more than enough unless you're spotting targets that nobody's guns will be able to range. If that's the case, get one of the 1x-4x Elcan SpecterDR scopes, as versatile as you'll ever need.
                              If it's purely aesthetics you're after, then by all means go for the 5.5x ice cream cone

Comment

Surely, by now, someone would have produced the Elcan sight for the L85?.....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X