L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Took a while for the chinese brands to jump on the L85 ACOG mount, and the ELCAN we've adopted will be fairly complex for them manufacture.

I'm not sure how many have even been issued out or made it to afghan yet, I'd imagine a lot of people just think the ACOG is the complete replacement for the SUSAT. It'll probably be like most things in that once it's been pictured a bit more we'll start to see airsoft versions.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

there is a clone version out there, has been out for a while as i have 1 with the docter sight on top for my l85 but i prefer the look of the acog so i put the elcan on my m4 for a while as i wont get rid of it as they are not cheap even for a clone.

Comment

It hasn't been cloned yet. Was referring to the Specter LDS now in use.

Comment

Which of the makes of L85 "Am bestest"?
          From what I have gathered the ares one has great externals but meh/crap internals, G&G likes to destroy itself if blowback is enabled and the ICS is just one to stay away from.
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

I have the ICS L86, its simply amazing. Can't fault it at all.... id say the opposite of stay away from.
            It has a longer barrel than the L85, but as far as im aware it the same every other way. (well apart from the extra parts up front!)

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
            From what I have gathered the ares one has great externals but meh/crap internals, G&G likes to destroy itself if blowback is enabled and the ICS is just one to stay away from.

Comment

If you can get hold of one of the original Star ones... theyre meant to be the dogs danglies...

Comment

From what I have gathered the ares one has great externals but meh/crap internals
                Where did you gather this from? The ARES have great internals. The only issue with them is a 'more complicated' takedown. Otherwise, they're the best replica there is.

Comment

• Re: ICS L85A2 - Afghanistan set up.

Originally posted by Doombull3t View Post
                  i beg to differ: [ATTACH=CONFIG]63744[/ATTACH]

No its not photo shopped its an actual A3.
                  The A3 has been strengthened internally aswell, i dont know the exact points but i believe its the trigger mech.
                  Where is the cocking handle...? (using iPod so forgive if it's blatantly obvious on a pc screen) Looks very much like someone has just had a blaster engraved to look ally...
                  No one I know has any idea about this, the latest I have seen (as in two days ago) were featuring DD RIS, Elcan SPECTRE DRs with Doctor sights, Emags, LLMs and a few had gripods (but most didn't-read into it what you will). These were weapons freshly turned out to RM Commando MLs prior to deployment, I also noticed a couple of the 7.62 minimis being used when they were out on the range with us, hoofin bit of kit and loud as f**k to boot!! The L7A2s being used were looking very new and well kept and were just as we have come to expect them, the L110A1s were less than uniform, some featuring optics (usually an Elcan offering) others being naked, some also used old style 200rnd hard boxes which I thought was interesting. The L129A1s were much as they have been but the L115A3s were looking particularly beastly, the sight (I believe is still an S&B) seemed larger than what I remember and had a kill flash that was to die for, suppressors were also fitted and the only cam method I saw was the two straps of elastic on the rifle to attach foliage.
                  Hope this helps somebody somewhere.
                  Last edited by systema PTW SOPMOD; 13 August, 2012, 09:24. Reason: I was being bone
                  | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

• Re: ICS L85A2 - Afghanistan set up.

Really informative thread guys, thanks, though, way beyond me i'm afraid, ... but congrats to Ed, on a superb looking gun....nice one mate.
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

finally finished my L86A2.
                      Internal upgrades are:
                      Madbull Red Shark Hop-UP bucking
                      H nub
                      madbull 6.03 PSG-1 590mm tighbore
                      using .3g bbs i could probably get about 60m range, but im struggling to find the right hop up setting . First they was no hop up what so ever so i put elastic bands around the hop up arm to give it more tension , i worked but not theres hardely any hop up crazy mad hop where the bbs fly straight up almost vertical, (didnt have this problem before) so maby so one can help?

anyway here it is

Comment

No, the ICS is the best AEG I have ever owned and is still my primary AEG today. You can fit an enormous battery in the front, I use a 3300mah 8.4v NiMh which always gives me good results. The barrel is tremendously long and it takes STANAG's just like everyone else in my team uses. I've got a random china-made SUSAT (made by a company called Wii, ordered from ********* for £50), works great, looks good. Using a real SA80 sling with it, good results.

Most notably I have also used the adjustable spring setting to actually enable me to play at The Mall in Reading whereas just minutes before I wasn't allowed to use it because it was 5 fps over their upper limit.

(Admittedly, a few weeks later I went to set the spring back up to the maximum power because I was going to play at a woodland game, and never before had my L85 been chronoed so highly than at The Mall, and I snapped one of the motor connectors off the Turbo3000. Luckily, I had a spare motor lying around so I just took a motor contact off that and am using that instead. The issue there is that ICS use better conducting material - brass - instead of nickel plated steel like most motor manufacturers, but the steel is obviously a lot stronger than the brass. That's the only real hiccup I've ever had with it.)

Comment

i've had both the exact same things happen, fox!
                          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Anyone wanna swap for a g&p m16 2 high caps and more
                            Bluestone 42 off you fuck

Comment

I think the general consensus is that Ares and ICS are the best, with G&G then Army. I prefer Ares, having handled both, and when I had the choice recently I went for a new Ares L85 - just feels awesome.

On yours curly I would switch the PMag for an EMag, but otherwise I think it looks fine.

Comment

yeah i agree ,when i was in Hong Kong on Holiday that was the cheapest one that slightly resembles it but ah well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X