L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes and no.

As standard you would need to file the handguard rails, even then it might not fit very well if at all.

Your best bet is to source a Hornbill gas block conversion kit, this gives you a new gas block with a sling loop hole in it and a new part that fits into the reciever so that the RS RIS fits nice and tight.

The kit is $29.99 from Asia, so if you already have the RS RIS in hand or are getting a steal on one then that's your best bet.

Otherwise the entire Hornbill RIS and conversion kit is only $129.99 from the same place, and the Hornbill version is nearly indistinguishable from its RS counterpart.

Comment

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

ongoing project!! i put more paint than i wanted but im actually kwl with it

Comment

ics deffo will NOT FIT the real ris as the gas block is far to wide and the wrong shape and the brackets on thbody are one solid bit all you can do is get the adaptor amount of small mods will make the real one fit the ics gas block ive been trying to fit a real ris on my star managed to saw off the brackets on the body to fit had to move the gasblock forward on the barrel and cut the ris where the go in the top cover to move the top cover back ..too much work so i just decided to stick it on my G&G in the end as i was never fully happy with it on the star although the G&G is cr*p in everyway and i dont use it

Comment

how would i get the foam or do you have to cut it yourself

Comment

Managed to get the real DD Ris on my ICS with a bit of filing down on the gas block and lower TMH, fits solidly now and has done for a few months

Comment

Rouge, what on Earth are you doing to it?

Comment

just a dd rail and a paintjob!
                seen a few painted l85's in pictures and such so decided it was viable
                i was thinking of building a sfsg loadout around it!

Comment

finished it

Comment

Making me tempted with a paint job to my beloved sa80 now

Comment

• Certainly are some fantastic looking rifles on this topic.

I'm looking at fitting a spectre sight to my ICS L86. Any ideas on where to pick up the rail mount?

Comment

Just to let you guys now, from experience STAR / ARES make an incredibly accurate replica.

As far as I can see the only notable difference is the safety selector. Different in design.

Apart from that, the metal, plastic, parts are all nearly identical. Quite impressive really. (Moving parts are different obviously).

Even the SUSAT they make is almost identical.

Comment

managed to loose a genuine dotor sight from a wing mount at todays skirmish it was fully tightened with both bolts and i noticed the last game it had gone..went missing somewhere within 5mins of noticing it was gone unfortunatley the whole play area around me was under a foot of waer so it never turned up.so uch cash down the drain has any one ever heard of anything like this happening on the sa80's? i know i havent

Comment

Originally posted by welshwarrior View Post
                            Just to let you guys now, from experience STAR / ARES make an incredibly accurate replica.

As far as I can see the only notable difference is the safety selector. Different in design.

Apart from that, the metal, plastic, parts are all nearly identical. Quite impressive really. (Moving parts are different obviously).

Even the SUSAT they make is almost identical.
                            QFT. It has no equal.

Comment

I love both my Star and Ares L85s, I have found though that the green handguard seems rougher than the the real thing. It's not a million miles off, but it feels slightly different and the real furniture seems sturdier too. Not that it bugs me, both mine have real DD systems upfront anyhow and the Ares has the RS green handguard if needed. Still the best replica I have seen by a mile. Held a G&G AFV the other day, it was a good deal and nice bit of kit, but didn't quite seem right - despite how evangelical the G&G fanboys are at the moment, I wasn't persuaded...

Comment

• Here is my token effort. My ICS L86 with Ares SUSAT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354025221.864608.jpg

With my RS bayonet and chest rig

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354025251.307098.jpg

And finally.... With my stable belt and lid!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354025288.275237.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X