• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

IMGA0948.jpg
    Now have the Prommy 455mm barrel installed

Comment

Thought I'd share this. After never finding a decent Elcan Specter replica in the proper DE colour, I hand painted my own:

Comment

Wow, nice job Knight! What paint did you use?
        TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
        TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Damn you Knight! I sold my Specter DR before getting my SCAR H thinking it wouldn't look as good as the VisionKing. I say again Damn.

Comment

Thanks! Specter DR all the way, its just hr dot find a decent one. I've put the SCAR in full length setup now, and it looks even better.

I used a combination of 3 paints from Games Workshop.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I really like the visionking scope set up but it does put a lot of weight forward, but foe some reason the DR looks very good. Which make do you have AAAB or OP.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its the OB version, the zoom is just as good as my vision king, but with a better eye relief. However its not the adjustable version, hence the red dot.

Oh, and since its a picture thread:

Comment

Love it, very tempted to buy the same 4x version.. though ive not used a zoomed scope before... so not sure if Id like it.. more after the 1x/ 4x version...

you may have to go into a bit more detail on how you got yours to look so nice... the brown im ok with, the gold bit on the other hand....
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Ever been to Games Workshop or painted Warhammer models?

A combination of these 3 paints. Mixed the 2 on the left for the metallic bronze, can make it lighter if your prefer, mine was just a 50/50 mix. The paint on the right for the brown of the frame. That and a very small paint brush.

As in the picture I posted earlier, the DE Specter should be that dark brown, see them much more often on a FDE SCAR than black.

As for 4x zoom, thats personal preference I guess, thankfully it has a red dot on top for easy switching to 1x. The ones with 1-4x all have questionable optic quality.

Comment

Update on my TM SCAR-L......now running Pmags

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Added new stock!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jesus Christ - are you sure it's inconveniently long enough?!

Comment

Does the inner barrel extend all the way?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Long enough? works well for me, if it get too heavy then the silencer and bipod come off pretty quickly, I don't really suit small guns. Inner barrel goes all the way to the flash hider.

Comment

As this is a scar post may I ask if any of you can help me with this:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6-Parts-wanted

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X