• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DMR's and Ego Extenders

Cheers Coski, muchly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
      It's a Vision King 1.25-5x26 scope bud. Clone of the Millet DMS Short Dot. Lovely scope with an awesome reticule.
      Clone of a Millet DMS? Sadly, nowhere near it chap, so if the retailer told you it was i'd be having words with them. Different turret covers, different magnification adjustment ring, illumination control is on the scope body not the occular bell.

Real deal Millet DMS:

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
        Clone of a Millet DMS? Sadly, nowhere near it chap, so if the retailer told you it was i'd be having words with them. Different turret covers, different magnification adjustment ring, illumination control is on the scope body not the occular bell.

Real deal Millet DMS:
        Alright my mistake, not an exact one then, but it's the closest your going to get for under £100, and looks pretty darn similar. Shares the same reticule as well I believe. Think its safe to say its been based off the Millet at least!
        Last edited by Coski; 31 May, 2013, 02:27.

Comment

Dude, that doesn't look anything like a Millet DMS - even if you squint a bit. If you want a "clone" of the Millet DMS, then look up a manufacturer called Vector Optics. Their "Arbiter" model is what you want. Why do I put "clone" in inverted commas? Because the two (well, three actually as Primary Arms also supply the same optic) roll off the same production line in China (yup, shock horror, the Millet DMS is not US made as many seem to think it is). The Arbiter is also less than £100....

Comment

I do apologise as I seem to have hit some sort of nerve with you here.

As I stated above, I was mistaken about it being a clone of the Millet DMS, however I believe the vision king scope must be at least loosely based off it due to its design and reticule. You can't deny that the general shape of it is very similar to the DMS. Not quite sure why you seem so annoyed by this?

Comment

Looks similar to me - fat at the back, thin at the front. Only obvious difference (and i do stitch count some things, but scopes are not yet one of these things) is the turret at the rear of coski's scope.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Not annoyed at all chap. I just thought that a retailer had pulled a fast one by selling something as a clone of an item when it isn't

Comment

Handbags aside, I think it's a nice scope... Plus, at £65 from one retailer, you can't really complain.

Certainly cheaper than the Marui Short Dot that I've been coveting so much yet nobody seems to have it in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                    Not annoyed at all chap. I just thought that a retailer had pulled a fast one by selling something as a clone of an item when it isn't
                    Not at all bud! Bought that as I was after an alternative to the Millet

Comment

Originally posted by Patrolpointman View Post
                      Handbags aside, I think it's a nice scope... Plus, at £65 from one retailer, you can't really complain.

Certainly cheaper than the Marui Short Dot that I've been coveting so much yet nobody seems to have it in stock.
                      Sorry for double post but just thought I'd add to this.

It's for sale on eBay at 65 or best offer, and the seller accepted an offer of £55. The reticule is crystal clear and whilst there's a bit of ghosting on the blue dot, the red dot is so clear with absolutely no ghosting. For £82 including the mount, it really is an excellent scope which performs like something twice the price. Really do highly reccomend it.

Comment

Recently built vfc 417 with sniper kit.

Comment

image.jpg
                          image.jpg
                          My L129a1 at the back

Comment

nice rifle, different yet tasteful
                            just wondering how it's an l129a1 though as it looks pretty different?
                            Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

• Because an l129a1 is just another m4/16 so it can look however he wants it to
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

well it's not, the l129 is an lmt build based of the stoner rifle model 25,
                                just thought it a bit strange to call it an l129a1 when the following are different:
                                pistol grip,
                                stock (ok the trial rifles had the prs)
                                front ris (too short)
                                silver outer barrel?
                                flashhider etc

don't get me wrong, i think it looks nice, and obviously it's the users preferance, just would have called it an sr-25 myself
                                it's like calling an em2 an l85, similar concept but totally different rifle
                                Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hypnose Find out more about Hypnose
                                Working...
                                X