Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L1a1 slr

Lovely FALs in this thread.

Where would one get those wooden forearms?

Comment

Originally posted by BorgCymru View Post
      The swines, don't they understand..............
      i know its totally unacceptable i got the load out already for it

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
      But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Thinking this thread might be a little more lively if it were to be merged with the FN FAL thread I just dug up here: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?84205-FN-FAL

No real need for two FAL threads after all. That'd be like demanding an exclusive thread for AKMs and one for AK74s, when in fact you could pull together a bit of a fanbase for a particularly uncommon weapon platform rather than dividing it even more.

Comment

The old and bold have a strange liking/love/worship for the L1a1. The FN FAL is very nice, but it's not The Long Gun.

The SLR still makes my tummy go funny.
          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

The L1A1 holds a place in some ppls hearts. Lets not merge it

What sight is that on your L1A1 Hawaiian ?

Comment

Eotech 556 XPS clone from mumblemumblemumblecan'ttellyou on my FAL. :v

I get that there's a particular worship for British service weapons on this site just like americans at ARFCOM think that the AR15 is gods gift to everything, I just don't get why this couldn't be merged into a livelier thread alongside other FAL-variants so there could me more sharing between fans of FALs - since the SLR is a FAL and a FAL is an SLR - they're the same gun as far as we airsofters are concerned, just like Diemarcos are m4s. :B

I am all ears if anybody can point me out towards places where I might get some older-looking woodwork or bodywork though. mod possibilities by crossing together features from L1A1s and other FALs might be fun :p

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Special Forces View Post
                the SLR is a FAL and a FAL is an SLR - they're the same gun
                You, my loud shirted friend, are going to hell for that.
                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

What country you in ?

Comment

As I type, The People's Republic of Devon... oh, you mean the Heretic who says the horrid slurs on the SLR...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Special Forces View Post
                      the SLR is a FAL and a FAL is an SLR - they're the same gun as far as we airsofters are concerned
                      ...Blasphemy!
                      Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Looking back I see it

Yes I would thunk Hawaii would be the answer to that.

In that case.

And I might be getting mine from here. Even id he also calls them FN-FALs

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDFNFAL_INCH.html

Comment

Originally posted by BorgCymru View Post
                          Now I'm sure I read someone was asking for wood (No sniggering at the back)
                          Yup. Me. England BTW.

EDIT: Ach, damn, specific mention on that page of brit and canadian probably means my SA58 variant will be differently sized and probably won't fit the front handguards. :C

EDIT2: Ah cool they have metric pattern wood parts too!

Comment

I'm in contact with him. He does send to the UK, and seeing some of the prices for broken crap on Fleebay I'm tempted to get a set sent over as they do look like hes thought about the quality. I'd just get my foregrips from there and a stock from Evilbay as you have to chop that around a bit and it would be a shame to do that to his stocks as they look to good for that. But if I had real steel , Oh YESSSS

Comment

I am tempted to make some special limited edition ( well 2 ) custom L1A1s with full wood (painted grip*) and upgraded gear box and internals giving 600fps

* http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...151#post996151

Comment

L1A1 's only on here please !

And I have a very special L1A1 treat for you when I get back from holiday

Ta,
                                DT
                                Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad Reputation army Find out more about Bad Reputation
                                Working...
                                X