L1a1 slr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L1a1 slr

I love my SLR. I only ever fired one on the ranges,never fired one in anger thank god. It does make you feel like you actually have something in your hands. I know M4's are the popular AEG/RIF, but the SLR does stand out amongst the herd.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

I'm not sure what its like at other sites, but long rifles seem to be making a comeback at my local site (Stormforce Rugeley), with players moving away from snipers and m4 variants to M14s, M16s and FNs.
      It's nice to see, given we had a glut of blot action snipers last year!

Comment

Hello guys. IM very new on this forum aand i just want to share some photos. ( i hope i wont do anything wrong)
        This is my AGM SA58 (a little modified)

"i only use low-caps."

Comment

I feel... dirty. That is not THE rifle. It's some carbine-y continental foreign thing.

(actually, I quite like it, but don't tell anyone, alright?)
          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Actually i was looking for an Ares L1 or King arms Fal. But they are pretty rare aegs in here. When i was arranging my economy it sold out. and i bought that agm from a website.
            And in here, we use Low caps for assault rifles. I cannot find any low cap so i decided to go for Semi-snipe. Long barrel + bipod + scope , spring , gear, motor, barrel, bucking upgrades came.
            (When i did all of those modifications etc. King arms FALs came stocks again lol.)
            I know it looks different, but its still sexy and i still love it.

"i only use low-caps."

Comment

2013-05-09 15.36.11.jpgHere's my Ares L1A1 with its SUIT Sight dragons lair 11-08-13.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2013-05-09 15.36.11.jpgHere's my Ares L1A1 with its SUIT Sight dragons lair 11-08-13.jpg

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
              But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Sorry to revive a rather old thread, but had no where else to put this.
                Here is one I have been working on lately.

It is the King Arms version and is now sporting a real Handguard, Carry handle, Butt and pad, Top cover, Rear sight, Sling, Sling mounts and cocking lever knob.
                It has also had a blast of gloss black to replicate the suncorite used to re-paint the real ones.

Just wish I had a S.U.I.T. sight like the good chaps above.

Comment

This one used to be mine, but regrettably I had to sell it to raise funds.

Richie.

20151026_121611.jpg20151026_121509.jpg20151026_121549.jpg20151026_121437.jpg20151026_121524.jpg

Comment

And here's my contribution to this the greatest line of guns there ever was (I do love my SLR's)
                    Started out as an FN FAL carbine . Now a faximaly of an L1A1 F1 .

From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Druid, that's a bloody good attempt.

Comment

Some lovely guns on this thread, SLR was my issued primary way back, so I too have a big hankering for one.
                        But why are these apparently so rare ?, did the various manufacturers only make short production runs of these ?, & are they still easily obtainable new ?.

Comment

Yes, only short runs were ever made and they are impossible to find new. KA did a short production run in 2013(?) which sold out in about 3 seconds.

I too would love to get one as I spent many happy(?) hours cleaning a real one.

Comment

Lol me too, remember as a recruit getting the pull thru/4x2 stuck in the gas port (?), I wasn't popular with the armoury that day lol.
                            Still prob the best battle rifle though.

Comment

There are so people looking for L1A1, but sadly there doesn't seem to be many people selling, a lot of people simply keep them as collectors pieces, owing to the fact that Ares and king arms finished their production runs a while ago. Although I was lucky enough to pick a new one up a few years when a certain UK retailer had them on a silly cheap pre-order price.
                              The best I have ever seen was on this forum, it was an Ares L1A1 fitted with an early wooden kit, it was beautiful, I should have bought it then, but there you go, life is full of regrets. As for the KA L1A1, it 's good, but a bugger to work on in my opinion, and if you were unlucky enough to drop it hard, then I in all probability you would snap off a chuck of metal somewhere, the front sight blade was always a one I saw over the years, the charging handle another.

Sadly, and as far as I know, no manufacturer have any plans for starting a production run of an L1A1. there was talk a few years ago of WE bringing out a Fal variant, if they ever did, I expect that one would be an Fn Fal model, not an L1A1.
                              Classic army had their SA58 models, and even JG have a shorter carbine model for sale, which I've seen, and it's decent, although way too short for me, I always liked the KA Fn Fal range with the folding stock and mid length barrel, ( please no Argie or Top Gear jokes), I simply like the look.
                              Unfortunately, owing to the new EU/UK deactivation laws currently, even newer deactivated L1A1 models will be welded solid, including the magazine welded in place, so people will always tend to keep what they have, airsoft or other.

Now, my evening will be spoilt by thinking about that Ares L1A1 years ago....

Comment

All the above reasons for me too ! I did love my issue SLR , when some one was hit by one they stayed down !
                                I saw the fal at a skirmish last mth , the retailer had nocked 25% off for may and i nocked him down a bit more after one of the marshals told me he'd had it for awhile .knew I'd never find an L1A1 so i thought "f**k it , bit of work I'm sure i can get it near to what i want so I'm having it ! "
                                From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad Reputation army Find out more about Bad Reputation
                                Working...
                                X