(Very) custom Tanaka M870 Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Very) custom Tanaka M870 Remington

Here is my very heavily re built Tanaka M870, fully field stripable with a flat grey DuraCoat finish........

Final prep before spraying in Duracoat

Routine takedown, first remove the TacStar mag extension, spring and follower. I had to re thread the Tanaka mag tube for this realsteel piece to fit

Re: (Very) custom Tanaka M870 Remington

Next the barrel is removed

Then we can slide out the foregrip, bolt carrier and the bolt itself

close up of the bolt face, the bolt has been re - enforced

The mag tube threads into a solid receiver, just like the realsteel. Anyone familier with Tanaka M870's will know how much work this took!

Finished in Duracoat Tactical Extreme Grey. The best finish I've ever used on a gun, real or airsoft!

Comment

Veryyyy nice

i wish i could own a tanaka m870 but they are out of stock every where! i love all the different shells you can get for em thats what makes me want one so bad.

Comment

Thanks mate, its worth hunting around for used ones. I found my Tanaka from a member of this very forum!

Comment

The finish is very realistic ..
          Can you get that type of paint of the shelf?
          And very nice m870

Comment

One of these is on my agenda

Going to do another hi capa IPSC pistol

and then one of these me thinks! how much are a remington 870s? may do the shotgun first depending.

Comment

It's a realsteel weapon finish originally developed for the US Department of Defence. It's not really paint, it's a two part resin finish. The best bit is it will stick to any prepared surface without priming, even some of the cheaper alloys found on our airsoft weapons, and it doesn't come off, even if you bash it!!! The stuff is really well known in the States, but costs hundreds of dollars to ship to us as it's classed as an explosive!!

It also comes in every colour you could imagine. I found it on Ebay for a better price than shipping it from the US. This has allowed me to get on with the mods on my Tanaka.

Comment

One of my mates has just picked up a used Tanaka M870 for £170. he found it on a forum. Best thing to do is ask around. I paid more but I got two boxes of Madbull shells thrown in

Comment

£170!!!???

i was planning to put £500 a side for an IPSC hi capa haha

..man £170..i could buy an armoury of different shells!

Comment

So its classed as an explosive ? So what will happen if a bb hits it !!KABOOM!!
                    Cheers for the info think i will give it a miss

Comment

I know, he's a jammy so and so :D

Comment

I just found out most of the bad ass game changing shells like clarance lais magnum shells have been discontinued

oh well m870 and a toned down for a while hi capa then possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by N3ADS View Post
                          So its classed as an explosive ? So what will happen if a bb hits it !!KABOOM!!
                          Cheers for the info think i will give it a miss
                          LOL, I think it's because airlines classify it that way, it's a solvent like any other but falls into the "explosive" category. I've knocked the Tanaka around a bit already and (touch wood) not heard any loud bangs yet :D

I've been after this stuff for ages, a true gun finish that can be DIY applied. All my gunsmithing prayers answered!!

Comment

I'm trying to hunt down the Madbull buckshot shells. I also think its possible for me to convert the standard Madbull shells to buckshot. If I can then I'm taking the inner barrel straight out of my Tanaka, oh yes

Comment

I'm just waiting on a Mesa Tactical LEO M4 stock adaptor from the states, along with a Hogue M4 grip. I'll also be adding a Trijicon Scattergun Tech ghost ring sight set, sight rail and a Mesa Tac side saddle. More pictures to follow, better quality too, I'll use my camera rather than the iPhone!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Oic Find out more about Oic
                              Working...
                              X