Sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper rifles

You could use the Best Gun fluted barrel for the Tanaka M700, that has a 14mm thread adapter at the end, but the barrel quality isn't that great, IIRC it comes with an inner barrel of around 6.08mm at 680mm, although mine was visably bent when I recieved it, I personally think this inner barrel would never match up to the standard that you've probably got in your rifle currently.The G&G heavy steel fluted barrel is of much greater quality, but has no thread at the end, and does not used the second attachment point just behind the behind the bipod stud, that screws into that little block under the barrel. I currently own both barrels and would always choose the G&G barrel. The G&G "Tange" barrel isn't fluted, but does come with a threaded end.

I doubt tapping a thread into the inner diameter of the G&G fluted barrel would be that difficult, that was going to be my plan until I decided my rifle looked just fine without a flash hider or suppressor. The G&G barrel is correctly labled as being "heavy" so take this into account.

Lovely looking rifle by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Moving_Shadow View Post
      You could use the Best Gun fluted barrel for the Tanaka M700, that has a 14mm thread adapter at the end, but the barrel quality isn't that great, IIRC it comes with an inner barrel of around 6.08mm at 680mm, although mine was visably bent when I recieved it, I personally think this inner barrel would never match up to the standard that you've probably got in your rifle currently.The G&G heavy steel fluted barrel is of much greater quality, but has no thread at the end, and does not used the second attachment point just behind the behind the bipod stud, that screws into that little block under the barrel. I currently own both barrels and would always choose the G&G barrel. The G&G "Tange" barrel isn't fluted, but does come with a threaded end.

I doubt tapping a thread into the inner diameter of the G&G fluted barrel would be that difficult, that was going to be my plan until I decided my rifle looked just fine without a flash hider or suppressor. The G&G barrel is correctly labled as being "heavy" so take this into account.

Lovely looking rifle by the way!
      Thanks for the info buddy at the minute the barrel on my m700 is not attached to the stock, it isn't attached like it supposed to be on the police style stock , thanks for the input guys, it's realy gonna help make this rifle unique cheers doom

Owner of DCS
      (Doom custom shooters)
      PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Finally got round to covering the Blaser the same was as when I made my Yowie

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post

I will post some more pictures when I get some decent light.
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Please sell me your Blaser .

Comment

You can make one better than mine given the new upgrades around from King Arms. I'm planning on buying the revised bolt at some point :D
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

My semi-retired baby.

Comment

Nice... Have you reinforced the stock?

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Some photos in better light.

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post

Needs more material adding but the base is there.
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Nice looking M40 there!
                    And Crasstoe, it looks much better when it's in the grass instead of the garage! :P

Wolf, get some pictures up of your new Tanaka when you have the complete rifle.
                    Originally posted by psirus101
                    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

@WolfGeorge, wire gauze to reinforce inside the stock an I've embedded some heavy duty staples along the point weak where a stress fracture was starting. So far so good!

Comment

@MiloXC3 you know I will.... The strikes here are killing me!!

@ Psirus101.. Hope the best ... I want a real McMillan A4 stock for my Asahi M40 but now I'm low on €€. Hopefully I'll find one in the next winter or spring with the help of a friend from the US.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                        WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Wolf fancy letting me know here you can get me a rs A4 stock, I've searched high and low, I've got a special pot of dosh just waiting to be spent on one :p

Owner of DCS
                          (Doom custom shooters)
                          PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Have you thought of ordering one straight from mcmillan?

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-ordering.php

Comment

The delivery times are between 6-8 months!!
                              Man I can't wait that much! Also I've seen a couple used go ~$400 area!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Hmm I need to find one, I'd love to put my m700 in one )

Owner of DCS
                                (Doom custom shooters)
                                PM me for Custom work!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X