Sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper rifles

Thought this was a picture thread?? not a place to bitch at each other over the interweb.

I'd say take it to PM as no one else want to read your gripes!
    TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by sam_G View Post
      Thought this was a picture thread?? not a place to bitch at each other over the interweb.

I'd say take it to PM as no one else want to read your gripes!
      Apologies bud, you're definitely right. I've said all I need to now.
      Trader Feedback:
      New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
      Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Just finished my Ares MS700.

Upgraded with a full new cylinder and M150 spring from ASPUK, 90 degree trigger unit from TNT Sniper Pro-shop and I modified the hop up arm myself and sealed it. Barrel is still stock, I'm going to see how it shoots first before considering replacing it.

I should be replacing the bipod for something a bit more compact as well.

Fires 0.2g at 470fps and 390fps with 0.4g.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBre View Post
          Just finished my Ares MS700...
          Did you do the paint job bud? Very nice. The whole thing looks great (inc the Harris) and I usually hate large tactical sniper rifles.

Would be great to see some more details shots of the paint job etc...
          Trader Feedback:

Comment

A little project, think it turned out okay

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
              Did you do the paint job bud? Very nice. The whole thing looks great (inc the Harris) and I usually hate large tactical sniper rifles.

Would be great to see some more details shots of the paint job etc...
              Apologies, I must admit the old iPhone camera isn't the best for really detailed shots

Yes, I did the paint job myself. First time I'd attempted something like this and went into it knowing full well it would most likely turn out an utter mess (although was pleasantly surprised at the end result). I used fake thin grass spread and laid into a flat fan as a stencil, had a single trial on a piece of steel plate I had kicking about and decided to go for it. I used a khaki base with a heavy overspray of light green, then sparse random sprays of dark green and brown (all Krylon colours).

What do people think about barrels, either tight bore or slightly overbore to stock? As said at the moment it's the original barrel and I've not tried it for accuracy yet. Just wondering what barrels people have had experience with and would recommend?

Anyway, onto the pics...

Some from when I was painting it:

You can see the stencil I used in the above pic.

Finished article:

Knowing my luck it will probably shoot like crap even after the upgrades lol

Paul.

Comment

Nice one for the extra pics. It does look very nice, and you should be really happy with it (especially for a first go).

In terms of barrels, I'll keep it short as this is a picture thread, and I've already gone off topic before here... Depends on your spring, and what you want exactly:
                - More power, but the need to tune and clean religiously = 6.00/6.01.
                - Accuracy/Power (the common favorite) = 6.03/6.04.
                - Accuracy = 6.08.

Saying all of the above, these are quite debatable. Personally I would use a PDI .01 or Laylax .03 for a high fps set up. My favorite of all time is a Tania Koba Twist running at 330fps.
                Trader Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
                  Thanks!

Believe it or not, that's an original Real Shock stock that has been weathered a bit. The rest is all completely PDI/LAYLAX, apart from the hop up chamber and trigger guard.

And if I'm completely honest. Dealing with the maintenance of 500fps just wasn't worth it for me in the end. I much preferred the other VSR, which used a TK Twist barrel at 328fps. Parts really do break down on you that much less with the 172fps less.

Post a picture of your's or let me know what page it's on if you already have.
                  Sorry bud just seen your reply!

Unfortunately its not worth photographing at the minute as its just a stock Bar 10, but a PDI long fluted outer barrel set and a wood stock is on the way!(Or I may choose to spray my current ABS stock, not sure yet!). I may be tempted by your Kydex cheek rest by the way....let me know when you start selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                    Sorry bud just seen your reply!

Unfortunately its not worth photographing at the minute as its just a stock Bar 10, but a PDI long fluted outer barrel set and a wood stock is on the way!(Or I may choose to spray my current ABS stock, not sure yet!). I may be tempted by your Kydex cheek rest by the way....let me know when you start selling them.
                    No worries... The BAR-10 is a great choice (my first ever sniper rifle), and as you can see, I think the fluted barrel is well worth it. PM me if you find a good source for wood stocks as I just picked up a new TM VSR, but really want a wooden stock for it. And ya, I had a really full week at work so had a little break from the manufacturing business, but should have them "perfected" and up for sale in the next few weeks.
                    Trader Feedback:

Comment

Paint job is finished

and these bits are waiting to go in!

Comment

Originally posted by sam_G View Post
                        Paint job is finished...
                        Great paint job. I love the snake scales design. Looks like it will still be functional when some snow starts to hit...

Are those SHS parts you've got there? I'd love to know how they perform, and what their finish is like? If you can't get your hands on a TB and bucking to go along with that, shoot me a PM. Definitely don't forget about barrel spacers either (they make a huge difference).
                        Trader Feedback:

Comment

Should be getting a 9ball rubber tomorrow (if my local dealer has them in)

The bits seem to be a good finish. To fit the trigger sear you need to slightly modify the trigger housing. I will be making the spacers from leccy tape as trying to build this on a very tight budget.

But the upgrade kit from A***K was to good a deal to pass up!

Comment

Beware of the SHS sears. I hear they don't hold up to high FPS's at all well!

Comment

they were free so will see how they go!

Comment

All fitted this morning. The fit is good but you do need to make a few very minors mods to the trigger mech housing.

My only issue is the cylinder head will not fit into the bolt far enough due to the O ring. this means the bolt wont go forward far enough to fully cock the rifle.

So upgrades fitted are:

SHS Trigger sear
                                SHS Piston Sear
                                ASPUK 150 spring
                                ASPUK high pressure piston
                                ASPUK one piece spring guide

on a .2 it has gone from a range of 360-404FPS to a ice constant 495FPS.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X