Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper rifles

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
    Nice one for the extra pics. It does look very nice, and you should be really happy with it (especially for a first go).

In terms of barrels, I'll keep it short as this is a picture thread, and I've already gone off topic before here... Depends on your spring, and what you want exactly:
    - More power, but the need to tune and clean religiously = 6.00/6.01.
    - Accuracy/Power (the common favorite) = 6.03/6.04.
    - Accuracy = 6.08.

Saying all of the above, these are quite debatable. Personally I would use a PDI .01 or Laylax .03 for a high fps set up. My favorite of all time is a Tania Koba Twist running at 330fps.
    Cheers, all food for thought and have been looking up barrels. I'll be taking it the range tomorrow hopefully so I'll make a decision then

It's nice to know I've actually done a good paint job and not kidding myself LOL

Originally posted by sam_G View Post
    My only issue is the cylinder head will not fit into the bolt far enough due to the O ring. this means the bolt wont go forward far enough to fully cock the rifle.
    I had this problem with my bolt. Remove the O-ring and seal the thread with plumbers tape and tighten it down. Fixed mine.

Paul.

Comment

I had thought of doing that. What kind of gain will i get from the new head? Just dont want it going over the 500FPS mark.
      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Well, with the rubber O ring it should be fairly well sealed anyway. Could always leave the plumbers tape out to add a little inefficiency to the system. But remember your spring still needs to bed in too.

Paul.

Comment

My issue is the new cylinder head wont fit with the O ring fitted. Wont screw in far enough to enable the rifle to cock.

Once i have used it for a while I will fit the head and see what gains it gives.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_G View Post
            My issue is the new cylinder head wont fit with the O ring fitted. Wont screw in far enough to enable the rifle to cock.

Once i have used it for a while I will fit the head and see what gains it gives.
            Just a few points bud; A cylinder head isn't just for gains in fps. And the way it does achieve a gain in fps isn't just from the seal between it and the cylinder. The seal between the cylinder head and bucking is very important, and also the taper of it (different tapers have positives and negatives). The taper of the cylinder head, and the quality of it also helps with consistency of fps (which is very important). If you already are sitting very consistently at 495, then leave it alone. If you fluctuate more than 5fps, then give the new head a try, and just clip what you need to off of the spring. I like to wrap the piston side of the spring with a little bit of electrical tape to get rid of the "twang" anyway (which will stop a cut spring doing any damage as well).
            Trader Feedback:
            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Ok that's great info to know mate. Cheers!

When I chrono'd it the first shot was 492 then 493 and the next 5 were all 495.X so seems quite consistent.

Comment

Smal update: Still needs some OD paint before its done, Also just got a Madbull 6.01 and a 550 FPS spring installed, and added a piece of rubber around the stock with tape as a little cheeckrest

Its a L96 in a APS 2 body

Sorry for picture quality

Last edited by Mattias139; 24 November, 2013, 15:46.

Comment

WOW
                  Some amazing guns on this thread

Comment

What do you guys think of the Vltor bipod on my VSR? I'm of two minds at the minute.

Apologies for the crap pic.

Comment

Dudes,

In a moment of boredom this afternoon I decided to cut my APS2 down to a carbine to make it more skirmish friendly (sorry rubbish iPhone photo). Thankfully, with some clever internal-work (i.e. a huge spring and a freak-load of shims) I managed to get a 495fps spring rifle with the internal barrel-length roughly that of an M4.... However, I need to find a decent flash-hider for it as I don't like the Guarder stubby silencer currently on it that was the only thing I had laying around that was suitable. I got rid of the standard APS2 flash-hider years ago so I need to find something that looks right with the rest of the rifle, has a 14mm CCW thread and will roughly match the diameter of the APS2 barrel. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                        What do you guys think of the Vltor bipod on my VSR? I'm of two minds at the minute.
                        Sorry dude, but for me that is a big no no.

Comment

Originally posted by CallsignSam View Post
                          Sorry dude, but for me that is a big no no.
                          Fair enough bud! This is why I'm asking for peoples opinions. Seems to be 2 v 1 at the minute! Anyone else?

Comment

I'll chime in with a no as well, mate.
                            It doesn't sit right. Looks kind of odd, as if it were nicked from something else and was just going spare.

I think a regular harris bipod would do the job and keep it sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
                              I'll chime in with a no as well, mate.
                              It doesn't sit right. Looks kind of odd, as if it were nicked from something else and was just going spare.

I think a regular harris bipod would do the job and keep it sweet.
                              My reasoning for the vltor bipod was that I wanted a low profile rifle but still wanted a bipod. I've had a couple of sniper rifles with Harris bipods before and always found that the Harris caught on things. I also wanted to go with a more modern image. Now that it's on there I must admit I'm not sure on it myself. Try and picture it with a g spec length barrel, a huge 320mm silencer and a PEQ on the top.

Comment

If you're after a modern spin maybe try one of the FAB defense T-pods.
                                They double as foregrips, but split and lengthen with a sharp button press. They're also not too long, helping keep things low profile.

I use one on a DMR and it's great for crawling through the usual brush and wood.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X