Sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper rifles

Something like that did occur to me, but don't have any way of attaching it!

If I could find the adapter, I'd like to do this with the bipod:

Unfortunately, I've no idea what the little adapter is called so can't look for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Something like that did occur to me, but don't have any way of attaching it!

If I could find the adapter, I'd like to do this with the bipod:

Unfortunately, I've no idea what the little adapter is called so can't look for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
      My reasoning for the vltor bipod was that I wanted a low profile rifle but still wanted a bipod.
      I like it! If the reasoning was 'low profile' you hit the nail square on the head - very nice!

If I could find the adapter, I'd like to do this with the bipod [...] Unfortunately, I've no idea what the little adapter is called so can't look for it!
      Your problem is that that's not a VLTOR bipod accessory - that's a TangoDown product, specifically their ACB-4 bipod.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
        I like it! If the reasoning was 'low profile' you hit the nail square on the head - very nice!

Your problem is that that's not a VLTOR bipod accessory - that's a TangoDown product, specifically their ACB-4 bipod.
        Cheers bud.

Yeah I found out about that bipod soon after posting it. Comes in pretty pricey at 190 dollars before postage! I found an acm one at an Asian retailer but unfortunately they're out of stock. Still hunting for one!

Comment

Here she is. Still to add a kydex cheek rest, a spray job, and a PEQ.

Comment

looks a lot like the project I'm working on, except not a bullpup

Comment

Not enough AI.338's here!

One in black, the other Hydro-dipped in "straw" camo. nicer in the flesh.

Please remember to leave feedback, thanks! :D

Comment

Modified the silencer so that it's now overbarrel. Suits it I think. Thoughts?

Comment

Lovely buddy! I really like that bipod!

Comment

My new Ares MSR.338, has to be the nicest rifle I've owned:

Comment

Nice, they do look sexy. How you finding it so far?

Comment

With the over-barrel silencer, that bipod really works now. I like it!
                        Trader Feedback:
                        New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                        Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

My BAR10 with the spare TM VSR body. Now got the Bipod secure and fitted a "tactical strap" or sling as most people call it.

Also got a seconf hand TM VSR mag. This needed to be modified to fit correctly in the JG but took less than 5 mins with a dremel and all sorted!

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Much better - before it was a touch too long - about half a mile too long, actually. But that's perfect! I wonder whether a AN-PEQ/5, DBAL or similar black-box-style laser would suit that top rail space - it would sit in the 'hunch' between the bipod elbows and look futuristic.

Originally posted by SammydesinasNL View Post
                            I have not heard one good thing about those rifles - if it's not the proprietary parts that don't work well, aren't well made and are hard to source, it's the fact that it won't load less than a completely full magazine, or it's some other aspect of the stupid magazine system. Typical ARES, it would appear.
                            Last edited by PureSilver; 18 December, 2013, 15:15.

Comment

I have not heard one good thing about those rifles - if it's not the proprietary parts that don't work well, aren't well made and are hard to source, it's the fact that it won't load less than a completely full magazine, or it's some other aspect of the stupid magazine system. Typical ARES, it would appear.
                              Ah well, guess Ill have to wait with switching to snipers :/

Comment

Originally posted by SammydesinasNL View Post
                                After reading reviews on the MSR I thought the performance would be terrible

But after testing the range and accuracy are great, not actually that far off my upgraded TM VSR

Only annoying things are the wobbly stock and feeding system, you get used to it though

Very pleased with the gun overall, will be buying some upgrades soon

- - - Updated - - -

Much better - before it was a touch too long - about half a mile too long, actually. But that's perfect! I wonder whether a AN-PEQ/5, DBAL or similar black-box-style laser would suit that top rail space - it would sit in the 'hunch' between the bipod elbows and look futuristic.

The stock internals aren't great but to be honest stock internals on most bolties are pretty poor

There are lots of parts and spares avaliable which are easy to source for the MSR including a new zero trigger and pretty much everything is VSR compatible bar the trigger unit

I agree the magazine system is annoying but you get used to it and is more than worth it to have the magazine in the correct place

I would highly recommend one, are a bit on the expensive side which is why I got mine 2nd hand

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X