Custom WE Browning High Power MkII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom WE Browning High Power MkII

Everyone pissed and moaned when WE produced the M1935 Browning....So did I, 'cept I did something 'bout it :D

Them's realsteel Browning HP adjustable sights... A few hours filing and fettling, then some milliput and a repaint- Job done.

Some real wood grips are on the way too....A proper 'Nam style 9mm, worthy of John Plaister.

Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Re: Custom WE Browning High Power MkII

Might be my sh1ty internet conection but I can't see any pic's
    First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

nice job J-lo !

Comment

Now finished, with hand oiled real walnut grips...by my own fair hand.

Comment

very nice !

Comment

Very nice indeed!

How much did the modifications set you back in total, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

£15 for the sights of E-bay....Same again for the wood grips.

So £30- Just took me an afternoon of hacking, grinding and refinishing with the tools/stripper/paint etc that I'd got in the tool box.

Comment

That looks awesome, really does...

I have a new project

Comment

Excellent!

Might have to try and get one and do the same!

Comment

ive just got mine through the post and i thought about doing this if its not so much of a problem could you tell me how you did it like step by step
                    Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply reads..."Bugger"

Comment

I personally think the high powers just pugly but you have certainly improved it

Comment

Originally posted by barson66 View Post
                        ive just got mine through the post and i thought about doing this if its not so much of a problem could you tell me how you did it like step by step
                        Hack off the rear sight- cut the two loops of the pivot is the best start
                        Several hours of judicious filing/dremelling to get the profile of the slide right.
                        Make a shim to cover the GBB unit spring.
                        Fill the space left by removal of the K98 sight with Miliput or similar.
                        At the same time attach the replacement rear sight.
                        Wait patiently for everything to set then respray the top of the slide.
                        Ta-daa

PS- I take no responsibility for any outcome that results from following the above method- upto and including a broken GBB and/or amputation of limbs due to inappropriate use of powertools. On your own head be it :D
                        Last edited by demoncase; 26 June, 2011, 21:01. Reason: Disclaimer added :D

Comment

The walnut grips look great, a huge improvement on the horrible factory fit ones. But, and it's a big BUT, I'd say it's less of a 'Nam pistol and more of a Classic WW2 job, handily used by both sides.

But that's just my 'umble opinion like.
                          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                            The walnut grips look great, a huge improvement on the horrible factory fit ones. But, and it's a big BUT, I'd say it's less of a 'Nam pistol and more of a Classic WW2 job, handily used by both sides.

But that's just my 'umble opinion like.
                            Aha- In John Plaister's book on SOG, several of the teams clubbed together to bulk purchase Browning Hipowers as their sidearm for 'sterile' over-the-fence missions into Laos, Cambodia and North Vietnam.....Finding 9mm cases at an ambush site doesn't scream 'Illegal US raid into our territory' like finding .45ACP cases. Funnily enough, it was ammo supply that remained the bugbear, as obtaining enough 9mm via deniable sources was spasmodic at best.

Handily, there's a period dated picture of one of these pistols in Paul Miraldi's book on Vietnam War Uniforms- taken with one of those funky EE Pen spycameras in the 1960s.

For sure, it's a fringe gun for Nam-styling it.....but my STABO rig is a fringe piece of kit

Comment

Thanks for that, every day's a school day!
                              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

demoncase Find out more about demoncase
                              Working...
                              X