CQB M4 - Weathered/Used & Abused Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB M4 - Weathered/Used & Abused Look

Just thought I'd post this because I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The pistol grip and silencer haven't been touched but all of the rest of the wear/dirt is fake. Please excuse the lack of a charging handle.

I'd also like to point out the receiver on this particular rifle is actually plastic, considering that I'm very happy with how the 'silvering' around the mag well and mag catch turned out.

I used a process of paint removal with P600 wet & dry, an old paintbrush and some dry brushing with various paints. I didn't use any reference pics I just went with it for fun and to see what happened.

Internally (only the stuff I think worth mentioning):

Dream Army Ultra Torque Motor
    SHS 13:1 Gears
    JG Polycarb Piston
    G&P Explosive Piston Head
    Random Spring
    Ported Cylinder
    G&P Cylinder head
    G&P Gearbox
    7mm Bushings

Basic stuff like AOE & shimming done. A few other minor mods like swiss cheesed piston, glued air nozzle to tappet plate etc. Running this on 11.1v 20C 1200mah stock tube lipos. Still wired to Tamiya Gets 30RPS spot on, guessing 350-370FPS as that's what the gun I got the spring from was doing and it has perfect compression, but haven't got a chrono.
    Last edited by Robin-Hood; 18 August, 2011, 23:41.

Re: CQB M4 - Weathered/Used & Abused Look

Looks very nice mate, very nice indeed

Druico
    Originally posted by hoggy21
    Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

Re: CQB M4 - Weathered/Used & Abused Look

Loving the effect, some weathering jobs I've seen have been absolutely apalling, but yours looks brilliant, well done mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
      X