Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TM Recoil guns

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    The shiny plastic causes me great pain. Yet in three of the pics, it looks matt.
    If all goes well the lower furniture and the hand guard are going to be swapped out for some RS H&K parts if they will fit without to much hassle, if not its time for the black krylon to come out

Comment

Thanks. I'm actually looking at getting a TM recoil G36K (as I've had it with the WE GBBR) but I'm just wary of the 'shiny' aspect. Anyone had success in dulling it down? I've used Krylon Matt varnish before but it can become sticky over time with certain plastics...

Comment

Also, anyone know if CA and/or real steel parts will fit on the TM Recoil shock version?

Comment

Panoptes I have looked at the shiny aspect of certain parts of the furniture on the G36K, CA parts will NOT fit as I have tried to no avail, But I do have some Rs parts coming from H&K son so that should fit as the dimensions aren't to far off, as for the original Tm body the shiny areas could be roughened up a bit to add both texture and to get rid of the shiny plastic (a bit of wet/dry paper should sort this) although whilst in game the shiny effect isn't really present from what I have found when using mine, if you want a pictures or videos of any particular parts of the G36K please feel free to PM me,
          Regards X-ray

Comment

Cheers. I'm looking at putting on a 'KSK' rail (RS) and a CA RAS. The decider will be if those parts fit!

Comment

to avoid the shiny plastic maybe you could rough it up then spray it up like those ksk guys have it. I know they use a different technique to get them like that but i'm not sure if you could get hold of that stuff they use. or do you prefer the clean look pan?
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Good luck with your build Panoptes, let us know if it is successful :D

Comment

Cheers, I need confirmation the parts I already have will fit (see above), otherwise it won't be going ahead!

Comment

Panoptes I know that most of the furniture for the front end of the TM will not accept any CA items (rid rails are generic so I'm sure they will) if you can send me the dimensions of the KSK rail I will check to see if it will fit or not, Once H&K get back to me with the 3D dimensions I will be able to see ho much work I have ahead of me... I don't think the lower recover will be compatible as the gearbox will be to differently sized then the RS lower would allow... :s

X-ray

also hows the torch?

Comment

Torch is doing fine... just needing a TM SCAR H to go with it (now just waiting for PF to get their finger out!)

Top Rail dims are: Front screw to first rear: 220mm. First rear to rear screw: 79mm.

The RAS is a CA I'm sure but you're saying that it definitely won't fit?

Comment

Guys how easy is it to rewire a sopmod to the front?
                        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I've done it before its a bit harder to front wire a sopmod than it is to rear wire a socom.

Also it depends on the age, I've heard that older sopmods don't have the correct vents in the gearbox to allow for wires to be passed through the front.

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post
                            Guys how easy is it to rewire a sopmod to the front?
                            im in the process of doing it now for the first time, you need to use good quality thin wire, im using silver plated copper wire, and you need to fabricate a plate that would normally be found on the socom mechbox, which keeps the wires from fouling the bolt release inside the magwell, it doesnt come with the sopmod, and you cant buy one..also you need to make sure that the wires sit in a grove that is present on the hopup unit
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

tm g36k recoil now living in a ares shell ( C body set till i can get the K body and parts , also its no my gun I only did the work on it )

Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Where all the shiny-ness gone john?
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                                Working...
                                X