Adding Some Bling To A Tired Glock 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Some Bling To A Tired Glock 17

My G17 was looking a little battered from the SERPA, which wasn't helping with my sale. So thought I'd see what I could do with some sand paper!

Total cost ~£5, and couple hours work infront of the TV!

Simply removed paint with 60 grade paper, then finished with grades 100, 150 and finally 220.

Before....

After...

Re: Adding Some Bling To A Tired Glock 17

Looks 100% better although i have a pet hate for leaving the "lines" black, id do them too.
    sigpic

Comment

i want to do something similar to my m9 did you just use fine grade wet and dry sandpaper to get that finish, also i have heard people using fairy power spray would that help to start whith.

All so that looks amazing

Comment

Originally posted by XxB4K3RxX View Post
        i want to do something similar to my m9 did you just use fine grade wet and dry sandpaper to get that finish, also i have heard people using fairy power spray would that help to start whith.

All so that looks amazing
        Depends on the detail you want and the surface your working on. If your M9 is has the metal slide then I would suggest starting with 200-300g wet sand. Remember to leave it to dry naturally! then repeat the process again with 400-500g wash and dry and again with 700-1,000g. The more effort you put in the better quality finish you will get. Using low grit for finishing touches will not get you the best of results. And remember not to press down too hard, let the paper do the work and remember to do all the sanding evenly. I've pulled off some amazing paint jobs this way with many items, not just airsoft related.

Comment

I did that to my old G17 before I gave it to a mate of mine..
          I also polished mine .
          11584.jpg11583.jpg11585.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
          Working...
          X