TM VSR-10 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR-10 Project

This is an ongoing project atm for the last 2 weeks and also my very first! No previous experience. Purchased a faulty TM VSR from a friend for £50 and got cracking on with it. Once I had resolved the issue's such as slam firing, bb's curling etc I began the upgrade project. First I had to do something about the noise and to get it quiet as possible, for this I used some padding etc pictured below. Has helped quite a bit in the reduction of sound but still room for improvements in the future.

Next up was to get those standard pot metal sears replaced. Picked up a set of the piston and trigger sears and fitted them in nicely. This should now help the more powerful spring etc and not cause any wear and tear thus creating the 'slam firing'. These 2 parts are often under looked and I can't stress enough that if your planning on running a high end rifle then you will no doubt need these.

Next to do will be a new sp150 spring, spring guide and high pressure piston which is on route and should arrive any day now. Further upgrades to follow soon. I will keep this thread up to date. Feedback is always welcome.

Re: TM VSR-10 Project

Looks good so far! Great bargain!
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Re: TM VSR-10 Project

Next set of packages arrived this morning so went ahead with fitting a new Laylax 150 spring and spring guide and also a high pressure piston. I also noticed again that the noise reduction was significantly reduced once the new high pressure piston had gone in. I will need to re strip it again though to apply some proper grease as I only used silicone oil just to give it a test and cocking forward requires a bit of a hard push atm.

Next on the to do list is home made barrel spacers. At some point I plan to pick up a better 6.03 inner barrel and also change the cylinder and cylinder head.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vulcan Raven Airsoft'in since 9th Jan 2011 Find out more about Vulcan Raven
      Working...
      X