G&G SUSAT bad manufacturing - dissapointed customer review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G SUSAT bad manufacturing - dissapointed customer review

Hello, this is part of an email sent to G&G support, take it as a handson experience:

"Dear Maggie,

I had a problem with my SUSAT, bought from**** (****Romania) for my G&G L85A2, I wanted to exchange it with another one in stock, but because no answer came in time from you, I had to do a little machining and use it like this (I had an event this weekend). Also because physically comparing mine with the one in stock, it seemed to have the same adjustment problems. I am very disappointed with the G&G manufacturing quality of the new SUSAT, I will attach some pictures and try to explain why, because I will warn other L85 users on international forums and shops:

1. The small screw (picture 1) which is depicted in the using guide at No. 6 broke at the very first use! Now is blocked and I can not do fine adjustments anymore (if they were possible in the first place and not only a show-off feature), only substantially adjustments. On zeroin.co.uk one reviewer (Jack –Thank you, but too late) said it is fixed, I find this unacceptable (G&G: “6. Loosen the screw” (although we know it is fixed!LOL)
    2. In order to adjust the SUSAT with my G&G L85A2 I had to set it at the maximum down position aswell maximum on left, and I still wish I could moved it a little more, but I can t, on both directions it reached its maximum (once again, unacceptable, because the dovetail is aligned with the weapon, so no excuse here)
    3. The inner lenses of the SUSAT are not aligned with the iron sight or viceversa (regarding what I said at paragraph 2, I think the lenses are not aligned). I am speaking of BIG differences, 1m at 20 meter target distance. Shameful, I can not use the iron sight of a 150EUR SUSAT(picture 3,4 and 5 were taking in the same position, iron sight is targeting aprox. 80cm above and 30cm left of what is the lens targeting). “Great”.
    4. Because I adjust the SUSAT at its maximum vertical position (down) out from nowhere came a nit which blocked it in the dovetail (picture 2 and 6), I had to carefully knock the SUSAT out of the dovetail because of it. Or was intended that I UNadjust the susat everytime I want to take it out?! C’mon..that little f***r got flexed out of the way..

So, I will let you and other Airsoft users express your opinion about this issue, you read mine, from now on I will be very carefully with G&G products and advise the same, I am very mad because I didn t buy an ACOG or at least a Star Susat. Consider this an open letter, I will post its content everywhere."

Please observe picture name, not upload order, sorry for that.

2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg3.jpg6.jpg1.jpg

Re: G&G SUSAT bad manufacturing - dissapointed customer review

Get an Acog.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

thanks, but too late..stuck with a 150EUR g&g failure.. I will try to machine it, maybe even try to disassemble the inner lenses and align them properly, after I manage to see what can I do with the fastening screw..maybe reviewer Jack can help me with his solution (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4167). I would highly appreciate any suggestion, of course beside buying an acog :P
      Last edited by kapnobatai; 15 April, 2012, 07:00. Reason: mistype

Comment

Sorry for the double post but I got an update:

After my emails to G&G, I got very quick replies, they even called me on the phone (the taiwanese accent is pretty hot :P) and informed me that a replacement SUSAT is on its way. If that s so, I am very impressed of their customer policy, many thanks. Still, I ll have to see if the problems I had are solved on the replacement item, maybe even discuss them with their technical support in order to prevent future issues. I ll keep you in touch.

Comment

UPDATE: in less than a week the replacement SUSAT was here from Taiwan. Now all screws are functioning out of the box. The optics are still misaligned with the iron sight, but very little amount (30cm@ 20m target and only on horizontal). Illumination is working, so last thing I have to do is test the susat on the dovetail and adjust it to see how are things there. But other than that, I must declare I'm satisfied with the customer service of G&G, very nice, personal call and blitz-fast shippment of the replacement. They even replaced it although in the meantime I cut one nit shorter (in order to get the susat out f the dovetail without loosing vertical adjustment). Hope this helped, thanks for your attention.

Comment

G&G sell replicas, and there is no legal requirement for them to be accurate for use. I agree that it is shocking build quality but you can't surely expect the iron sights and telescopic sights to be aligned on a replica?

On a side note, nice job getting a replacement, and nice review!
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kapnobatai Find out more about kapnobatai
            Working...
            X