Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We scar open bolt kit

hello

just thought i would review the performance of my latest purchase.

The we scar open bolt kit.

I first got the scar as a closed bolt rifle as part of a swap and sadly, form its arrival it didn't work.
    after much hmming and head scratching, I came to the conclusion that the firing pin was warn out so i set about looking for a replacement.
    I soon found one in stock at a well known hobby site and was about to order it when something caught my eye.
    it was the kit to change from closed bolt to open bolt for just £65 all in so i did a bit of research and decided that rather than repair the dated closed bolt system, I would spend out and improve the scar.

as this is my first GBBR I was worried about working on it so decided to pull the existing parts apart to get a feel for how the thing worked and to my suprise it was relativly simple compared to the AEGs i am used to working on.

when the open bolt arrived, it was a quick and painless job to fit (touch wood I did it right or it might get messy 200 rounds down the line)
    once the gun and mag were converted, it was just a case of gassing up and letting rip.

There was no fineness to my stile, just flip to auto and let rip and I was not dis-o pointed.
    The power of the recoil surprised me so much that I almost let go of the bloody thing.
    It sent a full mag of bbs flying down the range out of sight, leaving me standing there with a stupid grin across my face.

now I don't claim to be an expert on gas guns, but i know what i like and I have to say that I am well impressed with the feel of this thing.
    I am now waiting to see if i have any problems with the stock hinge plate breaking under the stress of the stronger recoil like they are reported to do or if the rubber pad at the back or the recoil spring is enough to absorb the impact.
    the only problem I see now is finding the parts to turn my existing 5 mags in to open bolt compatible and finding an npas to make it site friendly.

I will post with any new developments of this amazing gun.

thanks for reading

sharpy

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
Working...
X