Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elements Sordin headset review requested

hello

Im thinking of getting one of these, but just wanted to see whether people rated them or would recomend a diferent make?

sharpy

Re: Elements Sordin headset reveiw requested

Hi fellow.

Cannot help as such, but We have the MSA Sordins at work as well as the Comm-tacs, a friend of mine has a set of element Sordins he has never had a drama with them and loves them, his look very similar to mine, tbh almost identical. His transmissions are always clear and he has never said his reception has failed. Best I can do, when I see him again I'll have another look and a chat about them.
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

nice one cheers for that dude, I think that I might have to go ahead and get 1

Comment

i got a pair from HK and there amazing..well worth the money! noise cancelation works a treat on them!

Comment

I have set and they were good until I went to a humid game and sweat all over them now the left ear just screeches when switched on. I may have just bought a lemon but just thought u should here both end of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
            I have set and they were good until I went to a humid game and sweat all over them now the left ear just screeches when switched on. I may have just bought a lemon but just thought u should here both end of the spectrum.
            used mine at a weekender i was coverd in sweat and they still work fine. there cheap asian copies so they won't last forever. but for the price there bloody good..

Comment

Mine have been great for the money. I've had mine for a few years now and they work a treat.
              Noise cancellation works and that is the main reason I got them: Pyro bangs cut out the speakers well enough to protect hearing close in at urban games, though they are quite sensitive - my aeg gearbox can cause them to cut off.
              The amplification is adjustable and works very well - though is not as directional as my mate's real ones. The Element ones are thirstier on a set of aaa bats than real ones too, but you can get a good weekender out of a set and they beep when they need replacing.
              Comms works well, both transmitting and receiving. Mine have been used for hot and sweaty games and also in the p**s-pouring rain and they've shrugged both off. However the mic did fill with water so it sounded like I was underwater - I managed to suck the excess water out and they worked fine afterwards (wasn't expecting that!)

As said above, they're far-eastern copies so I wouldn't expect them to last as lonjg as real ones but for the cash they are awesome!
              "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
              George Carlin

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys

I still have not got round to ordering them but I think I will go with the elements ones over the real ones.

sharpy

Comment

i had a chinese copy, not element i admit but they broke in 2-3months, be using MSA sordins for 5-7 months now, DIY work, Shotgunning and airsoft and they are brill. well well worth the money. but i guess it waying up spending alot of money in one go or buy cheap and risking buy again in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                    i had a chinese copy, not element i admit but they broke in 2-3months,
                    IIRC, the general consensus is that the Elements are the better clones to get, Z Tactical being the others. Having said that I've got Z Tac bowman copies for woodland and they've been awesome too.
                    I suspect there's an element (no pun intended) of pot luck as to whether you get a decent pair or a lemon!
                    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                    George Carlin

Comment

Sorry to but in on the post,i was thinking of getting the element ones but i run Bowman prr's,is there anyone here on this forum who's capable of changing the sordins connector to fit a bowman for me ???
                      If you are could you let me know please,
                      Thanks.

Comment

a bowman is a headset, connecting two headsets together will result in nothing happening.
                        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
                          a bowman is a headset...
                          Bowman is a communication system, i.e. a range of radio sets. The headset is the prr headset (and I know I called mine a Bowman in my earlier post :P )
                          George Carlin

Comment

Re: Elements Sordin headset review requested

yeah I realise it's a set in the big 'ol real world but in our magical, wonderful world of airsoft the head set is only referred to as le bowman. but enough herpy derpy, lets keep it to the thread.

I have a set of the elements, they're good, not great, but definitely good. Sometimes if you get a direct hit to the cans the system can turn itself off and need to reboot. to be honest, I haven't really used mine at all, only once. I'll be using them more often in the future though, hopefully.
                            Last edited by Stones; 30 May, 2012, 23:13.
                            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Re: Elements Sordin headset review requested

F##k me cant anyone ask a simple question without someone who thinks they know what they are talking about butting in and talking s##t that they dont actually know about !
                              When i was a marine we used to use Bowman PRR's (H4855/PRC-343 radios) linked to Sordin headsets,all i want to know is if i buy a replica element headset is there someone capable of wiring the connector on the headset up to fit in my Bowman (H4855/PRC-343 radio) ?
                              If you are can you get in touch please but if not dont post s##t you dont know about !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
                              Working...
                              X