Hard Neoprene Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Neoprene Mask

I bought one of these hard neoprene half face masks from MCS a few weeks ago and thought I should write a review for Mitch as I havent seen many of them around MCG. There are some pictures of the mask and how it fits at the end.

Description
    The mask is made of a hard neoprene and they come in a number of colours, mine is a sort of multicam, It comes with 2 self adhesive pads that you can position for best fit and the head band is nice and wide and fully adjustable, it is secured to the mask with 2 QR clips.

The first thing that hits you with this mask is how light it is, once fitted you don't notice the weight at all, its almost as if its made of paper! So onto the fit, the mask sits comfortably on the nose with some nice support from the head band to just keep it in position. I skirmished with it all day and not once did the mask move or dig into my face. There is a good gap between mask and face, with all your exhaled breath being directed out of the bottom of the mask (there are some air holes in the front but the gap below the mask if much larger. I didn't get any excessive moisture build up in the mask, but it was a relatively warm day so I cant tell if this was design or conditions of the day. Because of the QR clips either side of the mask I thought it might be awkward to get good eye relief, but I didn't really find a problem, the only niggle was the M4 with a crane stock, but it was no worse than any other mask I have tried, and once you get used to how to position your head it was easy. I think the most important thing is just how light and comfy this mask is when running around. I have tried this mask with small goggles, shooting glasses and large goggles, and all fit well without any interference to either mask or goggle fit.

Protection - I did get chance to test the masks protection during the game (thanks Justin), and while not at particularly close range I did take 2 or 3 BBs direct to the mask and it performed flawlessly, in fact it was more the noise than the impact that let me know I had been hit. I have subsequently done a quick test in the back garden by shooting the mask from a distance of 2 feet with a couple of 3 round bursts, and I am pleased to report not a mark on the mask - very happy.

Now the looks, I think this mask may be a little bit Marmite, I love it when on the thing looks bad ass, I'm also pretty sure it would be easy to customise if you so wished. I have seen them in black, tan and multicam so there is some choice in colour.

In summary
    pros - super light, great looks, great protection, very comfortable.

cons - eye relief is no better / worse than other masks.

If I was buying another mask, would I buy this one again over other products - yes absolutely.

Re: Hard Neoprene Mask

Thanks for the review, I decided to get one myself.
    I struggle to get masks that fit, this one fits quite well but my only quibble with it is you can't really wear a headset with it due to the buckle placement.
    I am also going to mod mine to make it a little less hot.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

akey Find out more about akey
    Working...
    X