Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Billy Breach Mosfet Review

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
    I've heard there is something to do with the micro switches causes problems.

What make is your scar? I trying to work out if I can get one in my vfc once my new stock turns up
    Yeah, micro switches ARE a problem, the vibration of a rifle during cycling makes it jump about from on to off. As you can imagine, with something like a breaking mosfet, this creates a tonne of heat and premature motor wear from it stalling mid cycle. Same for smart mosfets, makes them jutter and get confused with timings and starts and ends of a cylce due to the many on-offs happening. Plain mosfets don't care though, they can be switched on and off far faster than the vibrations, so at worst they may show a little extra heat. If you look inside the microswitch you will see that it is still just a switch and that's what the mosfet will treat it as.

Good luck with the VFC, that thing's notorious for being hard to wire any mosfet into.

Comment

Forgive me for asking, but I am a complete mosfet noob - how does a single signal wire to the switch work? What do you solder the other contact on the switch to???

Also - is there any way to fit this in a gun and still have a stock tube lipo? My gun is a rear-wired M4 (g&g/jg)
      Last edited by dave38x; 28 September, 2012, 13:38.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hi Dave,

Technically there are still 2 wires that go to the switch, just one of them is the Red or Positive wire. In essence it's exactly the same wiring as the regular 2 signal wire setup (2 to the contacts and 2 to the motor) but instead of the positive wire going straight to the motor, it has the switch block form a T junction. So the switch block itself almost is the 2nd signal wire, if that makes any sense at all :/

Like I said in the review, it's a little more prone to motor noise up there rather than further back in the mosfet, but it saves a wire and is a lot easier to use with front-wired setups.

As for still keeping it wired to the stock tube, I'm afraid not easily. You would have to double wire it:

i.e.run wires from the rear through the gearbox to the front, where the mosfet sits, then back again :S but that would lose any gains you may get from rear wiring - i.e. quick upper and lower disconnect. You would have to use thin wires in order to fit it all in, can't say how thin as I've never tried it! :S

Comment

Thats perfectly clear, thanks very much mate! May investigate the following:

a) A crane stock
          b) Never collapse my stock when there is a battery in it (makes the most sense to my mind, I play with it fully out anyway
          c) Acquire a UBR (mosfet in the little pocket on the stock, battery in tube)
          d) Spend an evening with mr dremel hollowing out a space behind my GB/up into the stock tube :P

I definitely intend to get one of these kits though (when ive switched to a high torque motor and 9.9 LiFes
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

just bought 1 and if its good il buy more

Comment

I have now burnt two of these out, both initialy worked fine. Alas it could have been a short as i found some broken silicone tubing near the motor spade connectors. It's also possible that the new gear set i used was badly shimmed and caused to much friction. Then again it could have been the crappy old firefox 9 cell himh battery that i tried before i realised it was useless and did not have enough power to trun the motor over (i have read that low power batteries are bad for mosfets). I am not trying to put anybody off here infact i have ordered another mosfet from Billy as the problem is me not the mosfet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bachelarius Find out more about Bachelarius
              Working...
              X