A+ Studio Hop Up Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A+ Studio Hop Up Rubber

The A+ Studio hop up rubber is advertised as being capable of stretching the range of your airsoft gun more than noticeably. First video of this product showed a WE Glock 18C accurately shooting out to 60 metres (197 feet). Let’s see how much of this is true.
    Im not the mechanical type, so Im just gonna give you my impressions on this rubber. I turned it inside out so you can see the surface that gives the BB its spin: it’s much wider than the average rubber and the circumference seems to give a more

The hop up rubber comes in a little plastic baggie, together with a small piece of paper stating the hardness level (depending on the power your gun is shooting at), you may need a 60’ (up to 330 fps), a 70’ (340-390 fps) or an 80’ 83’ (390 fps and above), and the type of gun for which this specific rubber is made (AEG, Gas Pistol or sniper rifle, careful: just a few models can take this rubber).
    I wish they came mounted on a piece of plastic tube (like Madbull’s), as mine came a bit flattened. No hop up nub is included. I guess you can use the standard one.

Installing these parts is very easy (once you get the inner barrel and hop up unit out; this can take less than a minute on most M4 type AEGs, to 10 minutes on more complicated guns). Get yourself a disassembly guide for your gun, study it, get a clean working surface (white towel so small parts dont jump around and can be easily seen).

Disassemble the hop up unit. Take the standard rubber out and substitute with the XX. Make sure it’s in the correct position. Carefully mount back into hop up chamber and reassemble the whole gun.
    The theory is that the wider contact surface is going to provide the BB with a more thorough backspin. Also, the inner curve of the contact surface should provide better control of the BB, as it is touching it more widely, which should increase precision, IMO. There are people on this forum who know whay more about the physics of these. Look for hop up rubber mods, R-Hop, etc.

Performance:
    I used KSC 0,20 gram BBs.
    I tested this in a stock JM SR-16 with a 13.5’ barrel (CQBR style). Stock inner barrel (cleaned), stock everything. Stock FPS: 341-352. Hop up adjusted.
    The average range of the gun was (in a circle of about 2 meters in diameter) from where I was shooting in kneeling position: 60 meters (200 feet).
    At around 30 meters (100 feet), I hit this box 12/20 times.
    At 12 meters (40 feet) I got this grouping.
    On the same gun, after just changing the hop up rubber and leaving everything else as it was, I got these results:
    FPS: went up to 358-366. Because of the tighter fit against the BB, there’s a better seal, I guess.
    Range: Shooting from more or less the same position, I got the BBs to drop at around 80 meters (260 feet).
    At around 30 meters (100 feet), I hit this box 18/20 times.
    At 12 meters (40 feet) I got this grouping.

Was it expensive ?
    MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

Re: A+ Studio Hop Up Rubber

there about a 5-10 id say and putting one in my custom built mk18 i kid you not 100 metres from an aeg is acheivable pr win hop unit this rubber and a 6.03 tightbore

Comment

jssmitty - you'd recommend the pro-win hop unit? I'm after it myself, but ive not seen any reviews of it. Good to see someone giving it a good rep!
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I've got one of these in my 1911 meu.. Seems to work a treat for me ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic

Comment

are you not supposed to use heavier bbs, .28s for example
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Im going to go for the ProWin hop unit too as my G&P unit is pants. Do you recommend that I use one of these hop rubbers and a TB at the same time then ?
              MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

I have tested one of these in my Blaser, and I'm not impressed. Whilst the range with .3g bbs is great the accuracy is horrendous (for a bolt action) and the shots aren't at all consistent. I will be moving back onto Guarder Improved Hop Buckings.
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

the pro win unit is the best ive ever the wheel dosent move with fireing and is stiff to adjust so you get great adjustments plus it looks cool cause its blue!

Comment

For a regular hop up the prowin is great but for an R hop or more importantly an ER hop the arm isn't long enough/ the right shape without modification.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spirasio Find out more about spirasio
                    Working...
                    X