Contour+2 Camera PLUS Quick Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contour+2 Camera PLUS Quick Review

I've been contemplating over the usual GoPro vs Contour vs other camera and camcorders and ended up busting the budget to get myself a Contour+2 which was released in Oct 2012!

I thought I'd show off my newest toy for anyone else who is crazy enough to consider getting one too! (This is just a quick review, so if you have any particular questions just shout!)

Basically they took the best features of the new "Contour Roam" and the old "Contour+" and slammed everything together!

Here are the contents of my package:

NOTE: I didn't get a microSD card in my package...

List of items from top left:
    1. HDMI cable
    2. Contour+2 Camcorder
    3. Waterproof case
    4. Silicone lens cap cover
    5. Battery (same size as a Nokia BL-5C)
    6. External mic cable
    7. Usb cable
    8. Manual
    9. Right side flush mount (with sticky pad back)
    10. General mount (with sticky pad back)
    11. handy string

See, really cool red laser line to get a perspective of where you have rotated the lens to

Here is the Contour+2 mounted on a Picatinny rail mount to my Ops Core helmet.

BUT the main reason I choose this brand new, top-of-the-line model is the bluetooth connectivity to the Contour App! You can customise everything in the iPhone app from the resolution, mic volume etc. The app is an actual real-time viewfinder of what the camera can see. You can even click record on the app instead of sliding the convenient slide switch on top! You can also see how much memory is left in your microSD card (max is 32Gb), check how many bars are left in your battery etc!

Couple of other pics:

Like I said if anyone who is thinking of buying one of these beasties and needs an answer to a question then just let me know and I'll try my best!!

Re: Contour+2 Camera PLUS Quick Review

gimme gimme :L ive got the old HD one as its all i could afford on my measly salary...
    Does it deal with the dark better than the older ones?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I doubt it really, although the white balance seems to be able to react quite quickly... I'm due to go down to The Mall soon, where I can test if the latest model can deal with the dark at all!?

Comment

Funnily enough, that where id like to use mine!
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deadmeat Find out more about Deadmeat
        Working...
        X