Element llm01 review (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Element llm01 review (picture heavy)

hi all, after owning this for a few months now it's about time i did my own review.

so first off...

QUALITY- 7/10 the unit its self seems pretty solid. it is all plastic apart from the mount ans the bulb caseing but it is NOT going to creak rattle or break from sirmishing one thing that did let me down was the use of plastic hinges for the battery compartment there is alot of pressure placed on theese whe nthe batteries (2x cr123) are inserted and i would say this is one of the major design flaws although ive had no breakage yet.

when i first got this it worked fine then the next day it just wouldnt seem to work what so ever after abit of shakeing around and checking all the contacts were okay inside aswell as the bulb it still wasnt working...however this seemed to right itself and has been fine ever since so not a clue what happened there.

one thing i have found is sometimes the batteries run down when left in the device iven if it is off, and with the cr123 bateries not being the cheapest now i just take them out after every skirmish and re insert before the day starts.

PERFORMANCE-8/10 this is where the unit excells imo. the light is very potent and well focused up to about 50m and definitley not like some of theese other acm torches you see otu there that have an orangy dull bulb this is a very bright white light that easily illuminated your target up to 50m outdoors after that the light isn't very focused.

the red laser isn't the brightest nor the dullest it is quite a standard laser more suitedto indoor cqb in lower light conditions although in the pitch black the laser seems good and focused to around 20m so not too shabby for close range combat but it could be alot better.

i havent had a test to try out the IR features that this unit does have but you can see with your eyes a purple glow from both the laser and illuminator with the naked eye so they definatley both work but unfortunatley i have had no acess to nv equipment recently to get some feedback.

OVERALL FEEDBACK- great little unit solid as a rock and hasen't let me down. the pressure pad can be abit hard to squeeze you have to really squeeze hard to get it to work but not too big of a deal as its not going to go off by accident. my playing style is very rough jumping and crawling round bashing kit off walls ect and it hasnt got a mark on it and it usually takes most of the force when resting the rifle on cover to fire.
    great price for what you get especially haveing the 2 ir options that other clones dont have could give you the edge ikn night games if you own nv equipment.
    compareing it to the real thing the light is on par but obviosuly the laser has nothing on it with the power restrictions however it is a very accurate replica. heres some images of the unit and the laser and light in the dark snow

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Had exactly the same issue with the batteries going flat for no apartment reason, narked me a bit because as you say they aren't the cheapest and i had Duracell in mine
    Apart from that personally I would have it over the VFC any day

Comment

Re: ELEMENT LLM01 REVIEW (picture heavy)

shame they didnt up their game and aress the problem as ive heard it happens alot they must know it happens why not sort it..muppets haha

Comment

Glad to hear yours performs well. I've had 3 element LLM-01's, the third is still operating. Not sure how much longer I can expect it to last really.

1st burnt out (smoke and everything!) and 2nd unit worked apart from the main light. The great thing about my working unit is that the main light is blindingly enchanting and it has a good solid beam. IR functions are one of the worst things on it, compare it to an LED you may have on a tv remote. It illuminates just to let you know something's being pressed, that's it. No good for lasing/illuminating targets. It's a shame, its built well and looks great but I've had these issues.
        http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

http://s1295.beta.photobucket.com/us...92987987064968

heres a video of the light and laser out on a run i took this with me as a few days before i managed to fall throug ha frozen lake so decided light would be a good idea and takeing this would be a good way to show it off.....heres a life tip aswell if you go walking in deep snow make sure theres no lakes in the area...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bada Bing View Post
            Glad to hear yours performs well. I've had 3 element LLM-01's, the third is still operating. Not sure how much longer I can expect it to last really.

1st burnt out (smoke and everything!) and 2nd unit worked apart from the main light. The great thing about my working unit is that the main light is blindingly enchanting and it has a good solid beam. IR functions are one of the worst things on it, compare it to an LED you may have on a tv remote. It illuminates just to let you know something's being pressed, that's it. No good for lasing/illuminating targets. It's a shame, its built well and looks great but I've had these issues.
            Does it work with nvg then or not?

Coldy
            YouTube Channel - Airsoft Sniper videos
            http://www.youtube.com/user/coldy30

Comment

Originally posted by Coldy View Post
              Does it work with nvg then or not?

Coldy
              Yes it works with nv, but again the so called ir laser/illuminator are just about capable to mark the ground in front of you to throw a shoe. Mine is anyway.
              http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Good review. I was thinking of picking one of these up to mount on my MK23 since there are no other LAM alternatives being sold. Does it have any screw holes or a way to dissassemble it as I have heard the majority of the problems these things have is down to sub par wiring and knowing a fair amount about wiring and electricals I thought I'd take a look and see if there is anything I can improve. If it can be disassembled, that would also give me an opportunity to possibly re wire the pressure switch or something, as it would sit quite far down the rail adapter on my mk23 because of where the pressure switch plugs into.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the unit I received recently. The pressel has failed after one use but I had expected that, the ir is great and should hopefully be useful with my night vision set up, the red dot has already proved its weight in gold after a recent cqb game that was pitch black in places it made it real easy to place rounds on target.

Coldy
                  YouTube Channel - Airsoft Sniper videos
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/coldy30

Comment

I've got one of these, and it doesn't work very well at all.
                    Either the light flickers on and off, on any setting, or the pressel doesn't switch it on or off, it just stays on.
                    Anyone got any breakdowns on the electrics, maybe I need to take a soldering iron to it?

Comment

Regarding batteries running down for no reason, personally I find most of my torches do this (the only one that doesnt is my 2D maglite I keep in my car). A good way to keep the batteries safe is to remove them and reinsert the wrong way round.

Comment

Bought this as I was looking for an IR illuminator on a budget and tbh I was fairly impressed. The IR floodlight isn't too bad at illuminating the dark for my gen1 nv up to a distance of about 20-30m. The IR laser (if you can call it that) is more like a focused floodlight, looking more like a massive circle though the NV rather than a precision dot....you can't rely on it to put your rounds down on target accurately like you could the red laser for example, but you could use it to point things out to other team members using nv.

Personally I thought the white light from the torch was pretty impressive...actually brighter than my surefire. I too have had the same problem with the batteries running flat, even with the device turned off (seems to be a problem with Element electronics in general as my element helmet light seems to suffer the same problem). Hopefully it won't burn out or stop working!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                        X