Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Grading The PTS Masada

Hi All,

Just thought I would like to share my experience in upgrading my PTS Masada, please note I dont claim to be an expert and this may not be the case for other PTS Masadas.

We all shims our gears to get them running sweet but how many of you check your piston and tappet plate?
    I put a MadBull PX PISTON-02 (ALIEN GREEN) in my gearbox and it jammed on the guide rails, I hade to do alot of filing to get it to run smoothly so bear this in mind i just used needle files, take it slowly, its a very strong piston and takes a while to get it running right.
    Second up is a new tappet plate, I didnt really need to do this but as I upgraded the piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head (double o-ring) and Nozzle (double oring) I thought why not, again the same thing happend.
    I also upgraded the hope-up chamber with the WII-TECH one, just one thing dont waste your money, its rubbish and have gone back to the stock one (maybe just the one i have?) 'If it aint broke dont fix it'
    I also upgeaded the barrel with a MadBull one worth the money.

This may be just my gearbox so its not set in stone I just wont to make people aware of what may happen.

Darren

Parts used;
    MadBull px piston-02 full metal teeth
    MadBull .03 Barrel
    Dream Army double o-ring nozzle
    SHS Airsoft CNC Aluminum Cylinder head for AK AEG Ver.3 Long w/double O-Ring (GT0026)
    Element Anti-Reverse Latch for Airsoft AEG Gearbox Ver 2, 3- IN0910
    SHS Airsoft Stainless Steel Cylinder for AEG Series 407-455mm (QG0002)
    Element Shim Set for Airsoft AEG Gearbox - IN0911
    AEG Matrix Aluminum Piston head V2/3 with double O-ring
    WII-TECH Hop-up complete with nozzle

Re: Up Grading The PTS Masada

Hi mate.
    Nice thread, with my Masada I had to replace the motor too as the stock one was utter garbage.
    With regards to the Wii tech hop unit I fitted one to my Masada and it was an incredible difference, I did use Wii tech's own adjustment arm and nub as that is the actual part that makes all the difference not generally the unit itself.

Comment

And dean still didnt like the damn thing anyway.
      Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
      Custom built L119A1
      WE P228

Comment

HI,

I did try that but, I used the wii-tech hop-up rubber so maybe that may have just been the problem, I did fing the wii a bit sloppy, as I said it just may have been my unit, but as se is working well I'm reluctant to mess about, maybe at a later date I'll go back and have another go, What motor did you upgrade to and what spring are you using?

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darren1jedi Find out more about Darren1jedi
        Working...
        X