Madbull vtac 11inch extreme battle rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull vtac 11inch extreme battle rail

so heres my review of the madbull viking tactics extreme battle rail hope you ejoy

so i picked this up in a sale for $95 from asia i wanted the 13 inch version but nowhere had it -.- they come in 7 9 11 and 13 inch varients

so i thought this rail looked the part so i took the plunge and bought it for my custom build ..here is how it comes in the box.

[IMG][/IMG]

nothing flashy but sturdy enough cardboard with the colour and length on the front ( although they only come in black for airsoft)

inside the box is a little plastic seal bag with the 3 rails ( 2 short and 1 longer) i have already attached the two short too the sides.

the rail its self comes in a very thin layer of bubble wrap...not very well packed to be honest

[IMG][/IMG]

the rail itself is LOVELY best feeling rail i have ever owned. the whole thing is kind of ribbed all the way round and feels great in the hand. the rail is also rather thin and this allows you to get a great comfy grip although i wish the top rail was removable so it was even more streamlined and comfy to hold .

[IMG][/IMG]

the rail comes with some nice trades on the top rail and on the side that are laser etched ..notice how it says TROY...dont be confused troy manufactures the real version of this rail for VTAC it is very similar to the TROY TRX rail

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the three rails can bolt onto any one of the slits in the rail at 1 oclock 3 oclock 5 oclock 6 oclock 8 9 and 11 (approx) they attach via two allen bolts and a metal part that sits inside the rail that is triangle in shape to fit the insides of the rail and can fit anywhere you like

[IMG][/IMG]

the rail is simple to attatch...simply unscrew your delta ring and barrel nut and screw o nthe supplied nut...this is slightly different to a standard nut dont be fooled ..it is different

[IMG][/IMG]

you then simply slide on the rail over the nut and tighten the two small allen bolts on the left hand side JOB DONE! :D

[IMG][/IMG]

i havent yet fitted this to my project rifle as the receiver hasnt arrived but shall put pics up when i assemble the entire thing.....this rail looks lovely with a 16inch thick silver barrel

[IMG][/IMG]

and if tan is your thing ladder rail covers dont look too bad either...

[IMG][/IMG]

PRO'S-
    ERGONOMIC
    LOOKS THE PART
    NICE TRADES
    EASY TO INSTALL
    NOT YOUR EVERYDAY M4 RAIL

CON'S
    FINISH SCRATCHES OFF VERY EASY...mine has silver chips showing through allready and ive just had it out the box....
    EXPENSIVE 100-150 IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT IN THE UK

any questions please ask or if anyone has a 13 inch version they will swap for a new 11 inch let me know :P

Re: MADBULL VTAC 11INCH EXTREME BATTLE RAIL (pic heavy)

Good choice on the VTAC version over the stock TRX Extreme. The TRX Extreme feels like a cheesgrater on your hands! I'm a big fan of the the Troy Industries designs personally (ive owned a total of four of them now, both Madbull and real-deal), but not so keen on how Madbull have gone about replicating it. The real ones are *much* lighter than the Madbull ones, and the Madbull ones have the gas tube channel filled in (slightly annoying from an aesthetics point of view, not to mention adding to the weight of the rail system).

Still, nice review

Comment

yes i noticed they blocked the gas tube apparently its to prevent real steel use... -.- it must add weight, i got it because i wanted a lightweight setup same with the ace stock i got from madbull the tiny tubeular skeleton support weighs a ton compared to the thin stock tube section that feels like nothing is in your hand....totally spoils it tbh madbull could up there game abit giving products lighter materials and better more rugged finishes they charge alot so they should perform alot imo

Comment

It's a shame really. I think Madbull are a bit lazy to be honest, as some of the issues (for example the numerous problems with oversized RIS rails) are errors that should not have been made in the first place. They really need to take some tips from VFC on how to produce top-spec external parts!

Comment

Interesting! I have a dytac invader rail, and it mounts using exactly the same style of barrel nut. I'd be intrigued to see how much for-end wobble you get from it once youve tightened it down properly. Do the screws that you tighten down screw into aluminium or into inserts?

The Dytac one however doesnt have the gas tube blocked, making it far easier /safer to install (because you can put it together without a barrel nut wrench and know it wont come apart as the gas tube is stopping the nut loosening.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The way it mounts is supposed to be patented lol but I shall let you know if there is any wobble at all when it's on I don't think there will be due to the internal slots of the rail and how the nut fits inside, yes the two screws screw into metal tbh I would of proffered if they had removable nuts then there's no chance of stripping the threads and haveing a useless rail

Comment

have the similar rail (one with the wholes not slots, cant remember name of the top of my head) and they are very secure when fitted. the claming screws have inserts that they tighten agianst, but form your picturs cant tell if yours does.
              the rails themselves however do not have inserts, and i have already stipped 1 thread due ot this.
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The Madbull TRX Extreme (which is what you're thinking of Sir Stephen) and the VTAC both have steel Helicoils fitted in the two screw holes for the clamping system. Sadly, the plates that the sections of RIS rail attach to do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                  The Madbull TRX Extreme (which is what you're thinking of Sir Stephen) and the VTAC both have steel Helicoils fitted in the two screw holes for the clamping system. Sadly, the plates that the sections of RIS rail attach to do not.

The bolts on mine screw into the rail itself nothing else. The add on rails screw into bits of metal you place inside the rail

Comment

Re: Madbull vtac 11inch extreme battle rail

Sorry, brain fade. My real steel TRX rails had helicoils on the two screw holes for the clamping system. The Madbull's do not (I sold my Madbull Troy rails almost a year ago now lol )

Comment

smitty - when has patenting ever stopped a chinese airsoft company :P
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You're right. The ACM copies of the TRX rails were a damn sight closer to the real TRX's than the licensed Madbull ones, right down to the Helicoils and ability to fit a gas tube.

Comment

When has a patent stopped any company is more the phrase haha

Comment

AND....attatched

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hi this thing looks insane! Exactly what I'm looking for you don't have a link for the website you got it from do you? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X