Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull ace stock (long)

first off i payed $70 in a sale from asia
    it comes in the standard madbull brown box nothing flashy but very sturdy cardboard with the product and size on the front

[IMG][/IMG]

inside the stock is wrapped with thin bubble wrap and there should be a small bag with the screws to mount the stock but they arent in at the mo... it comes with a standard m4 stock tube screw...and a short one i am not sure what brands this is for...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the stock has a very nice matt black finish and a thick rubber buttpad..i did notice that half of the buttpad is very soft and squishy ( nice) and the other part is harder ..which is odd i would much prefer it all to be soft but high quality none the less. it is also removeable to reveal some trades and to shorten it by about an inch

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the stock easily disassembles to insert the battery by simply pressing in the silver button on the bottom and pulling the rear of the stock away..there is PLENTY of battery space for a wide variety of lipo's shown is a 1300mah 11.1 25 c lipo and as you can see it could easily fit two...

takedown button

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the one thing i did wonder with the stock is ..how long will the foam hold up..it is very solid foam infact its no comfier than a solid stock to put your cheek on but im afraid it will either tear going through shrubs or dragged across the ground..or it will get wet wit mud water sweat blood ect...cant be very hygenic....but it is removeable but it just looks daft without it ..i shall let you know how it holds up

the rear of the stock has ACE trades but they are the only trades on the stock apart from "made in the usa" under the butt pad

[IMG][/IMG]

i found this stock is rather short for me even though it is the long version although i am used to carrying an sa80 which has a good few inches further between the stock and the pistol grip i've found you can put some nuts on the bolt on the inside between the buttpad and the stock to bring the buttpad out abit...but it can look abit bodged but it does hold solid it is exactly the same length as a m16 full stock

this does require a short stock ..ill say mount..on your receiver so you may have to saw your current one to half its length if it is a long type to get the stock to fit but this is an easy job

this was also pictured to come with a battery cable extender...although mine didnt so i am not sure if they do come with one of not so you may have to get a wire extention bit it shoulnt be an issue if you already run a rear wired gun

the stock has 3 QD sling attatchments one either side of the stock tube at the front and one on the top at the rear for normal qd sling mounts

i do with they had the ultralight veriety in a long version not just the one size as the bottom skeleton section weighs a fair bit and when it is removed the stock weights near nothing unfortunaltey in needs this bottom bit to hold on the buttpad unlike the light version.

over all
    PRO'S
    NICE STOCK DIFFERENT TO THE NORMAL MAGPUL YOU SEE
    EASY BATTERY ACCESS
    PLENTY OF BATTERY SPACE FOR A LIPO
    TRADES

CONS
    FOAM MAY NOT HOLD UP AND GET SMELLY AND TORN AFTER A WHILE
    FINISH SCRATCHES EASY LIKE MOST MADBULL ITEMS I HAVE HAD
    EXPENSIVE FOR A STOCK AROUND £100 RETAIL

Re: Madbull ace stock (long)

UPDATE: MAJOR DESIGN FLAW FITTING THIS STOCK...there is no space between the stock and receiver for the wires....the stock has no where to run the wires rom the receiver so the stock will not properly attatch and my wires are jamems inbetween, i have tried cutting out part of the receiver stock tube part to run the wires up and it seems to be abit better but madbull did a terrible job here...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
    X