Viper south African vest. (SAAV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viper south African vest. (SAAV)

Ok, ive been wanting one of these for a long time, and finally mine got here today. Its based on an actual assault vest, south african ofcourse.

Its Available in DPM, Black, Sand, Flecktarn and olive. One of the unique features on this vest is that it has a built in water bladder container, so you could save yourself £30 there. All you need is a water bladder, which you can pick up for under a fiver.

The vest has two very large side pouches, both of which have a smaller lid, which can be opened and used as a dump pouch - Very nice.

But also, its fits a couple of mess tins in very comfortably.

Now, this vest does have a few downsides. It only has two dedicated m4/m16 mag pouches. I'm using mp5 mags, which fit perfectly in the front utility pouch here;

If you'r using a G36, then this vest has a only a couple of pouches that will hold them comfortably. So its either the one you see above, or use one of the large rear pouches.

Hmmm, thats pretty much it for now. Oh, if you've got a pistol, it will fit nicely in one of the top mag pouches, and there are a few pistol mag puches. Also has two grenade pockets too :D

To conclude, great quality vest for the price. You do get what you paid for, so dont't expect a military standard vest here, but expect a good quality, tough, pocketful assault vest.

.....Nice.

Re: Viper south African vest. (SAAV)

Anyone whos got any questions concerning this vest then just P'm me about it :D

Also would like to hear about other peoples opinnion on this vest, thanks.

Comment

hmm cool vest ..... my input :P
      If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

ok ok that was cheap (the comment not the review)

I like the vest,nice review owain, i even wanted to get one of these when i first started airsofting but tht idea died..

i will enjoy seeeing you at the next game :P

Peace out
        Ben
        If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Bought one about 3 months ago and ive only used it once or twice. I found that the mag pouch on the right shoulder was useless, putting anything in it would make shouldering ur weapon difficult (in the end i just pull the velcro tight to make it flat).
          The dump pouches are hard to get into.
          The lower mag pouches on the right hand side of the vest are put to close to the ones above that if these are full then its hard to get into the lower ones.

But other than that its a very good vest for carrying lots of things, its a good fit if you get it right and its CHEAP lol.

Cheers

Ed
          Armoury:
          JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

I also have this vest which was my brothers

My view on it, i dont like it, on a small person the vest is too large and cumbersome and wont stick to the body thus making it harder to get around to pouches and general movement, didnt feel like a vest more of a pack.

my opinion

cheers

Comment

for anyone thinking about getting this vest, or for those of you who have it you should really do this

a 5 minute job with a needle and some quick clips makes getting into the "dump pouches" very easy.
              Although there not dump pouches there water bottle pouches or for carrying 7.62 links
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Yeah that looks very worthwhile, its a pain to get into the pouches, and even harder to use them as dump pouches thanks to the awkward straps.

Comment

I have this assault vest in US 3 colour desert camouflage:

The pouches are tight and so reduces magazine clattering although the front two on the right hand side are too small for M14 magazines but maybe ok for 5.56mm magazines.

For 7.62mm magazines to prevent the tops of the mags getting nipped in under the pouch lip I have just filled out the bottom of the pouch with some newspaper so with the velcro pouch flap down it is held in tight and the mag can be removed quickly.

I can easily store 8 M14 mags on this vest although some cardboard was needed to seperate the mags in the larger front pouch.

The side pouches can be difficultto access but some time should be taken in making the vest fit otherwise it seems cramped but this is easily rectified.

Overall for a cheap assault vest with a few quirks it is a good option for an M14 (7.62mm mag) user although I haven't used it with other weapons' magazines.

Comment

how many g36 mags do u think you could fit in ?

Comment

Where the hell did this review appear from...

Mods, if your reading, could you hide this one, and leave the other please.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                      Working...
                      X