Army Of Two face mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Of Two face mask

After really enjoying some shotgun and pistol action at my mate's place last weekend, but not enjoying getting laced in the face at close range, I decided to try one of those Army Of Two face masks. Found one badly listed on ebay and won it for £20. Picked it up last night from local lad, great looking mask, very comfortable, easy to see out of and would provide great face protection.

I decided to test it this afternoon, just to be on the safe side.

I shot a .3g BB from my Gemtech Oasis Ruger from 2 meters away. It almost went through the mesh lense. Two pieces of the wire are broken and there is a big indentation. It only just stopped it, if it had been a heavier BB, or perhaps a 400FPS or high weapon it would have gone straight through.

My other half said to me "Ooooooh, kinky." when she saw it, so it will get used for other things. But for airsoft, I really don't think they are a good idea.

It might be ok if you trust CQB weapons to be under 350fps, but for me I just don't think it's worth the risk...

photo copy.jpg

photo copy 2.jpg

You can see where the wire has broken, the silver area is where the paint came off from the dent, in the middle of that where the three wires meet is where the BB impacted. I'm afraid I pushed the dent back out before I took the photo, but you can still see where the wire has broken.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Army Of Two face mask

That, as far as I can see, isn't one of the better type of AOT masks.

It looks to be the cheaper clone versions available on eBay, which is probably why you got it for £20.

It's the old adage of "You got what you paid for."
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
      That, as far as I can see, isn't one of the better type of AOT masks.

It looks to be the cheaper clone versions available on eBay, which is probably why you got it for £20.

It's the old adage of "You got what you paid for."
      Indeed. But it goes to show that you need to be very careful about what you trust you eyes to...
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Definitely.

I've had a couple of those masks and if you put the two together, you'd be able to see the difference in quality. I only wear hero shark mesh lenses for games or Spykers for target shooting. The masks are usable, but always ensure they're the decent ones before getting shot at.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Its a good thing you tested it before skirmishing it! Something I think everyone should strive to do with new eye protection.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
          Working...
          X