Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Stalker" Face Mask Review

New "Stalker" Face Mask Review

Up for a 'Tried & Tested' review is the new mesh type Stalker Half Face Mask by 'Brass Guard Company' in Russia. Price: around £50

The first thing I noticed about the mask is how rigid it is. Apperantly it's made from brass, so you can be sure it's gonna stop a BB dead in it's tracks. The makers claim it has been tested with a 0.43g BB at 650FPS. It only covers the bottom half of your face, but glasses and goggles sit neatly right above them. In fact my ESS goggles felt as if they were made for it, as the seam between mask and goggle was gapless. It comes pre-painted in olive drab, with the same colour strap and trim. I spray painted mine a mat black, and it took well. You can get them in black if you look hard enough. As the mask doesn't sit over your eyes, you don't need to worry about hard hitting BB's flaking paint fragments into your eyes.

I first got a chance to try the mask out during an indoors CQB game on the 7th March. I was eagerly wanting to give this face mask a go in a CQB environment, because that's were it would get the roughest time. Out in a field it would of course protect you, but when it gets up close and personal with 'full force' FPS's hitting your mug, you know you need adaquate protection. The mask performed admirally. It fits nice and snug, protects you from hits, and the icing on the cake.......it doesn't steam up your eye wear! Since it's a mesh, the airflow goes straight out. It's as if you weren't wearing anything, so no breathing restrictions. I noticed too it easily lets you get your face close to your gun for aiming purposes, something I have noticed as being a problem with larger masks.

The strap is adjustable, so you can get it just right for your head. I found the best place to have the strap go is over the crown of your head. If it goes straight round the back, it can sometimes slip down.

I do have one slight problem with the design, and why the makers did this I do not know. Look at the bottom sides, where it curves up. Wouldn't this be better if it curved down? As it is, it doesn't fully cover your jaw line area. You can of course wear a scarf, or a tube scarf like I did. I found it quite comfortable to bring the tube scarf up over your chin and along the jaw line, then let the mask sit on top of it. This provided a bit of protection against 'jaw bone' shots.

All in all, a very good product. If you are a goggle or glasses wearer, then I would highly recommend this.

Pros:
    Comfortable fit
    Doesn't restrict breathing
    Protects your lower face well
    Doesn't steam up goggles or glasses
    Looks kinda cool IMO!

Cons:
    Hard to find it in black
    Doesn't fully protect the jaw line
    Price

To find the mask on Ebay, type in: Stalker Airsoft Protective Mask

I hope you found my review informative. Any questions let me know.

Danny

Re: New "Stalker" Face Mask Review

i like it will have a look on the bay of e

Comment

Just ordered one of these (because I'm feeling increasingly vain in my old age ).

My only reservation is how comfortable the seems are on your face - and how it sits on yer shnoz. In the pics I've seen, the mesh seems to sit tight on it; which would cause marks, albeit temporarily. Any dramas?

Will give it a whirl though, thanks for the review.

Comment

Got one of these from Israel earlier this year, excellent bit of kit makes you look real mean, and def a head turner in the safe zone. Fits good around nose area and no fogging of goggles etc.

Only down side was I got stung with inport duty another £25 for the privilege, so making this an expensive item, but got it now and recomeneded for CQB and glad I had it when some newbie stuck his muzzle in my face and let rip on full auto, (I did cuss him bad).

Cheaper ones on the market, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for..

Comment

I have one in black from a "golden touch" member on here and its brilliant.
          Only complaint as stated is the strap position.
          Could do with being movable OR 2 straps - one over the crown and a shorter one round the back of the head.
          Originally posted by mr lean 81
          painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DannyDee An airsofter from Northern Ireland Find out more about DannyDee
          Working...
          X