Review/Install PicoAB mosfet from Gatee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review/Install PicoAB mosfet from Gatee

Hey guys, this is a quick review i made of the mosfet picoAB from Gatee.

Gatee is, i believe, a polish company, wich make electronics for airsoft, mosfets.. they are most known for the MERF mosfet, but they have other very interesting products, like this the picoAB. AB stands for Active Breaking.

Youtube Review:

Please Like, Share and Subscribe

Photo of the Mosfet:

As shown on the photo above, the mosfet is really small..great if you are running a lipo on the buffer tube, or you have small space for the battery.. when installed you almost don't notice it is there..

It's the second smallest mosfet on the market, the first being the picoSSR wich doesn't have the active breaking. I also have one and i recommend it.

The mosfets are very professional build, and somewhat easy to install. Not more difficult then any other mosfet. And there is a different version wich is even easier.. i will be making a review on thoose as well, the new nanoAAB.

About the mosfet, they say it handles up to 15V but i've heard reports of it damaging the mosfet with 14,8V lipos.. I run an 11.1V lipo and never had any trouble..

But if it burns, or anything, and it is still in the warranty period you just emailed them at their website, you fill up the Product Warranty Form and they will probably send you a new one.

It is small in size and in price, they go about 20-30€, may vary on different retailers, but for what you get, it's an awesome price point!

I recommend it for any gun, it's a simple, cheap and very usefull upgrade! Either this picoAB or the normal version without the AB, just for protecting your trigger contacts and improve the efficiency of the electrical system, the picoSSR.

I recommend everyone to install a mosfet, even if it is just a normal mosfet, these are cheap and reliable.

If you have any questions, or any opinions feel free to ask/share.

Best Regards!

-Hiro

Check my Youtube Channel - HiroAirsoft

https://www.youtube.com/user/hiroairsoft/videos

Re: Review/Install PicoAB mosfet from Gatee

Thanks for the review

The reason a 14.8 lipo might toast it is that a 14.8 lipo fully charged clocks in at 16.8V - so unless you rate things for 20V they will die eventually.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Re: Review/Install PicoAB mosfet from Gatee

Thanks!

They now have released a new mosfet the NanoAAB and they guarentee it will work with the 14.8V lipo..
      I have one and i will be making a review/install, but can't test it with a 14,8V cause i don't have one lol too bad..
      Check my Youtube Channel - HiroAirsoft

https://www.youtube.com/user/hiroairsoft/videos

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hiro_PT Portuguese Airsoft player since 2012. Love the game and the hobby! Find out more about Hiro_PT
      Working...
      X