KSC/KWA G&P Metal Slide with trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC/KWA G&P Metal Slide with trades

Just a quick note, I'll be rating each section in this review as either Excellent, Fine or Poor

Packaging - Fine

The packaging is pretty standard for an airsoft slide, comes in a PVC/plasticy pouch, which was in turn bubble wrapped. The slide had no marks from shipping from Hong Kong.

Price - Excellent

I paid £32 for this slide from a Bay I anchored in recently. Compared to the other RIDICULOUSLY expensive options when it comes to KSC/KWA slides then this is a steal!

Contents - Fine

The slides comes with an outer barrel, a guide rod and recoil spring and also two springs for the BBU. I installed the BBU springs but didn't notice any difference in performance what-so-ever. I did not install in the guide rod and recoil spring as I already had an upgraded one from Guarder, however if I didn't I would have stuck to the stock guide rod and spring. The barrel and slide will be covered in grater detail in the next sections

Finish - Fine

I had read a few other reviews of this slide and they had all said that the finish was poor, I knew before I bought the slide that it was standard aluminium spray painted black. My original plan was the sand the slide down to silver to remove the crappy finish and keep the trades. HOWEVER when I got the slide (bear in mind I wasn't expecting much) I was pleasantly surprised. The finish to the slide on the out side is perfectly acceptable, I really can't notice the difference between this slide and the stock KWA slide in terms of paint. On the underside of the slide the paint hasn't quite covered all areas which is a bit disappointing however as this part of the gun is only seen during dis-assembly I am not too worried. The paint on the slide is nice and glossy, unlike the matte paint I have seen in some pictures of this slide (my own pictures don't do it much justice, it's pretty much the same finish as the stock slide). The finish does wear away at points of friction such as the top of the outer barrel (see pictures), this happens with most painted slides and so does not bother me too much.

As for casting imperfections, I can't see any which is nice as I was expecting a few. The extractor is molded into the slide and doesn't have a gap like the stock KWA/KSC slide, however the gap is so small you can barely notice most of the time so this doesn't bother me at all. The slide feels smooth and when I run my hand over it I can't feel any bumps or marks at all.

The finish and trades on this slide are better than I expected

Slide Trades - Fine

So here is the main reason I bought this slide instead of a stock KSC one, the realistic trades! I have to say once again I was pleasantly surprised by the G&P slide, the trade marks are in the right places and are all present (as far as I know). The trades are not engraved very deeply but deep enough to be very noticeable. A lot of reviewers have complained about the trades being out of line/wobbly and generally looking shit. I seem to have gotten lucky as the trades look perfect to me (see pictures)

Installation - Fine

I was a little annoyed when I first unpackaged the slide that I would require an allen key to remove the BBU screw which was already screwed into the slide. After getting that un-screwed I installed the BBU, the BBU initially didn't want to fit perfectly and so the slide wouldn't connect to the frame, however after push down on it and being forcefull when racking the slide it got into place. The outer barrel is a bit close to the BBU when removing/installing it but it does come out/go in easily enough. Strangely the inner barrel does not fit snugly into the outer barrel, with it's O-ring not resting on the barrel closely enough to create suitable friction to hold it in place. However once installed into the gun it doesn't seem to have any negative effect at all.

Overall - Fine

I am very happy with this slide, considering it only cost me £32! If you want a cheap traded re-placement for the KSC/KWA then this is perfect!

More Pictures

Collection:

• KWA - Glock 17 (G&P Traded Slide / Guarder Recoil Spring)

Re: KSC/KWA G&P Metal Slide with trades

hey mate i got one of these about two weeks back, and i have to say, its a nice piece of kit. i have one imperfection on my slide that disappoints me, but its not too bad. and im sad to say that the slide and outer barrel serial numbers are not unique which is a shame. but thanks with the review, and i back every thing you have said up.
    J

Comment

Originally posted by jakeas View Post
      hey mate i got one of these about two weeks back, and i have to say, its a nice piece of kit. i have one imperfection on my slide that disappoints me, but its not too bad. and im sad to say that the slide and outer barrel serial numbers are not unique which is a shame. but thanks with the review, and i back every thing you have said up.
      J
      Glad you agree, the serial numbers on the slide and outer barrel match the one on the under side of my frame, I guess its the same serial on all KWA G17's, not having unique serials doesn't bother me too much
      Collection:

Comment

i never noticed that !?! ha, what do ya know. im getting the RA tech outer barrel for mine, which also has the same trades, so will look quite nice when ive finished upgrading her.
        J

Comment

Just looked those up, damn they're expensive barrels
          Collection:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe_Kenton Find out more about Joe_Kenton
          Working...
          X