12 Guage alarm trip mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Guage alarm trip mine

Bought this for a tenner from a well known Airsoft retailer, along with 20 12 guage blanks.

I did a little modification work, as I found it time consuming and inpractical to nail the thing to a tree all the time. I found a couple of steel pegs, so I cut them to size and bolted the mine to one, and used the other to hold the wire on the other end.

It takes time to set up properly, but if you're a sneaky bugger i'm sure this won't stop you. The great thing about this toy is the price, you may aswell buy a few to cover more routes.

So here's how it goes:

Step one:

Find a spot to put the mine. Should be well hidden but for the purpose of this review, i'm not going all out.

I highly recomend you do something like I have, but if not, just nail it to a tree or post. This'll mean you'll have to carry round a hammer and a couple of nails :eek: So I highly recomend doing what I have done.

Step two:

Pull the pin upwards untill you see the hole, and place the safety pin through it. You'll get a safety pin with the package, but don't use it.
    Instead get a nail, the safety pin will eventually break. The idea is if the mine is accidently set off, the safety pin will stop the bolt hitting the cap on the blank.

See the bend with the proivided pin:

Much improvement with a nail:

Step three:

Pull the pin up even more, untill you see a rim. You place the sear in this rim.

Take the other end of the wire accross a pathway, or a likely route a foot patrol may take and attatch it to a tree or whatever.

Again, I recomend doing what I have done, as this will open up your options when it comes to locations. Otherwise you'll be very limited to where you can set the mine.

Make sure it's nice and tight, you might accidently trigger it but remember you dont put the blank in till the end. Even if you did put it in, it wouldnt go off as the safety is in.

Step four:

Place the blank in.

The mine has a couple of lips that holds the edge of the blank securely.
    Make sure it's all the way in so the firing pin it's the cap.

Finally, Take the pin out.

The mine is now Armed!

Anyone who would walk through the fishing wire will set off the mine

Hints:

• Keep the fishing wire low and level. This will help avoid the alarm being detected.
    • Remember, people aren't stupid. Well, some. But my point is if the point man in the patrol is switched on, he may spot the wire if it's not hidden well enough.
    • Once armed, cover the mind in grass and leaves to hide it.
    • Can take a while to set up, so practice and set it up when you know you've got the time
    • Dont limit yourself to paths, as a good patrol won't use them.

Good points:

Very cheap. Buy lots.

Can use 9mm adapter. Cheaper, quieter.

Pretty good build.

Can be adapted

very very fun if you use it right

Loud

Bad points:

Firing pin is very hard to pull up

12 guage blanks can get pricey

Needs adapting otherwise you're pretty limited

It's pretty easy to carry round with you too, I stick it in my ammo pouch:

Last edited by bravotwozero; 1 July, 2010, 20:03.

Re: 12 Guage alarm trip mine

Nice review,
    can you pm where you got it?

Comment

Nice review. :D

Excellent bit of kit! louder than you think and it scares the crap out of people. Dont use it indoors.

Comment

Video would be nice!

Comment

http://www.airpistol.co.uk
          /12_gauge_box_of_20_blanks_for_use_with_alarm_gun.h tml

Makes this 50p per bang.... cheaper than pyro

I know posting other shops is against the rules but I'm sure Z1 don't sell these and this shop doesnt sell BB guns

Comment

Now what if we put a madbull ss6 gas shell in this and angle so its pointing down the line of the trip wire. Cheap claymore with a good range for once

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
            Working...
            X