• Show
Clear All

• 'Webtex concealment vest'.

Webtex concealment vest.

The webtex concealment suit is a light weight,
    mesh based hood and cloak with strong, elastic loops
    placed all over. It's currently standard issue to
    British Snipers.

Unlike other 'ghillie' suits, this covers only the back, most of the legs, head, and shoulders. Non of the front is covered, and the lower legs are left bare.

Pro's:
    • Light weight design
    • Made out of mesh - cooler in summer.
    • Real foileage is used, much better method of concealment.
    • Natrual Camo can be combined with Syntehtic material to give different shades of colours. Perfect for Autumn.
    • Only £35. Bargain.
    • Real deal kit...:D

Con's
    • Takes along time to prepare, but its worth it in the end.
    • Doesn't cover all the legs, but if used correctly, theres no need to.
    • Foileage, grass, whatever, does tend to fall if you run. But most of it stays on.
    • Top clips are quite uncomfortable around the neck. As you can see from my face below
    • Vision is very obstructed if you camo the hood thoroughly.

When you get the suit, it comes wrapped in a mesh bag. Its quite small wrapped up actually, and would fit into a dump bag! One of the best features is that its mesh based, so you're not going to over heat in the summer. Again, there are quite a few nice features, the front is open, so you have easy access to webbing, pockets ect, and that you put natrual foileage under the loops. This is the best way to hide yourself, you literally are hiding in the enviroment that you are in!

Ive only bought this today, so im still fairly new to this. Never owned a ghillie suit before, and even I managed to make myself invisible. All you need is somewhere to hide, long grass, place with leaves, and hey presto, your a ghost. Again this is real deal kit, its issued to british Army snipers, so you know you've got something reliable.

As you can see, it works well to mix abit of synthetic camouflage with natrual, works especially well in Autumn, when colours are darker, and grass is shorter.

Conclusion:

Price: ******* 7/10
    Concealment: ******** 8/10
    Build quality: ********* 9/10
    Adaptability: ********* 9/10

I definatley recommend this to anyone who is seriouse about concealment, stealth or stalking, wheather your a sniper, or a sneaky man with a gun, this suit is great.

Over all : ******** 8/10

Would be great to hear from anyone who is interested in getting one, or who alreayd has one and wants to add a little on. :D

Video of the Suit in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYUSiNiERZ4

Not made by me, made by sniper God.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 May, 2009, 22:53. Reason: merge

Re: 'Webtex concealment vest'.

Just to add mate, marines use the arktis version well some do due to personal preference, they sew a few strings of coloured burlap on the mesh in random places and then top up with the foileage around your head and shoulders and then legs if needed to, most dont even have the bottom half and cut off up the bum area, if you cover up your head and shoulders properly around where you are laying, your whole body wont be seen unless some one walks pass you and blatantly looks down

Comment

ive been thinking about getting one of these for ages, but i dont know what to do,i dont snipe but itd be nice to have
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Parky
      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Some more photos of the vest in action....

Comment

cool looks good but laggy bands work just aswell!

Comment

the concealment vest is a sweet piece of kit . it took me about an hour to prep it at my site but damn got nealry a whole team out cos it was good

the vented material means it is light and very easy to wear .

it is well worth the £33 pound for it

thumbs up from me

Comment

Yeah, it takes aloooong time to prepare....

But its worth it in the end. Ive tied on some burlap which works well. Will dye some later and see how it woks.

Comment

is your skirmish site all long grass?

Comment

Yes and no. My site is semi woodland and semi long grass Foor the wooldland I guess I'll add synthetic material.

Comment

Just stick a few braches in the head and shoulders area where your laying around and your set

problem is having all that in your suit all the time UNLESS its all the same is when you get to a new area it may be the case you will have to take everything out and start fresh

thats why id have a few strands of different colour burlap splattered around, have the suit down to around bum length and only stick the plant life in the head and shoulders and area and if absolute must in the lower regions as well

Comment

Theres a video of Royal marine snipers on a selection course, and they are using this exact suit. They simply rip off heather or whatever and place it under the straps as the enviroment changes.

Heres the video;
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztlhR56yYBk - Part one
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID911h2pBFY - Part two

Love those little sniper homes they build for OP's. Theres a clip of a sniper crawling out of one like a trap door spider. Awsome.

Comment

Huuuuuuge necropost I know... Better than starting a new thread though...

I'm interrested in getting one of these, nearly two years on, is this vest still performing as it should? In comparison to the Arktis version, is it any better, or is it just personal preference, as mentioned above.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

ive had mine for 2 years and its perfect..even after cutting the bottom and theres loose threads from it..all good still surprisingly.

get the arktis if you want to splash that little bit extra cash, the royal marines use the arktis

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                            ive had mine for 2 years and its perfect..even after cutting the bottom and theres loose threads from it..all good still surprisingly.

get the arktis if you want to splash that little bit extra cash, the royal marines use the arktis
                            What's it like when you've cut off the bottom? Does it fray at all or anything? I'm thinking of doing it for easier access to webbing pouches.
                            Originally posted by psirus101
                            I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

with anything to do with nylon n cutting burn the edges and it will be fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X