Element PEQ 16A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Element PEQ 16A

Right this is my first review so bare with me.

Make: Element
    Model: PEQ 16A Laser desginator with Torch.

From the off the PEQ 16A is slightly bulkier than the 15, but gains extra features as a result. The Q3 LED torch and red laser are complimented by a blue LED and ir laser. The body is constructed with black ABS plastic and has all the appropriate embossed markings. Additional stickers are also provided to add the various warnings or should you so desire you can brand your PEQ with the Element logo on them instead.

This is an impressive piece of kit, compact yet provides all the features you could want from a aiming deivce. The construction is sturdy and only the torch and laser covers rattle a little but that is to be expected. This is due to the rubber which allows them to be quickly flicked off, time will tell on how long this will last before it breaks.

The torch is superbly bright, easily illuminating my back garden at night (enough to annoy the neighbours if you catch my drift). The laser is also bright and visible to 30m or so. The adjustment for the laser works well, making it possible use it for aiming or target indication. The blue LED has a much lower birghtness compared to the torch, however, I can see this being useful for providing low level ambient light in dark spaces when you don't want to give your position away. The only function I can't comment on is the IR laser as I lack any facility to such such light sources but I can imagine it will be useful in conjuction with night vision kit where you again might not want to give you position away under low light conditions. All these functions are enabled by either a toggle switch on the device or a pressure switch provided. This switch has a nice sensitivity but has a relatively short cable, making it somewhat difficult to put it in convenient places but the standard jack plug means it can be easily replaced if you would like.

This is generally a nice piece of kit in and for $48 exc. p&p it seems to provide a more versitile and cheaper alternative to the VFC PEQ 15. And the best part is it also comes in Dark Earth.
    "What are you doing?"
    "Helping!!!"
    "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Re: Element PEQ 16A

Also have this and have to say its an impressive bit of kit, torch is insanely bright was very impressed with it. Also the build quality is very high (I'm pretty sure it's not actually ABS) My only gripe is that on my unit the laser would not point far enough to the right on the adjustment so its sat left of my front sight when I look down it (laser is fully adjustable for left, right and elevation.)

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Re: Element PEQ 16A

Have you tried checking out the IR laser using a digital camera? You should be able to see it.
      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spitviper Find out more about spitviper
      Working...
      X