Airsoft Smart Control Unit a.k.a ASCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft Smart Control Unit a.k.a ASCU

arm not sure what you mean clot. i was under the impression its its gentle tap on auto for a 3 round burst, then hold auto for auto. don't think there is any timing/adjusting to it. I think maybe what jag wrote was just a little confusing
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I got one of these a few weeks back and have only just got it fitted.
      What a pain in the arse it was!!
      The switch/sensor cable is fragile as hell, its very easy to snag or nick the tiny wires inside. do this and you are knackered! Adios ASCU!
      the motor wires are of poor quality in my opinion, when i opened the packet one of the wires insulation had cracked and was showing bare cable, also the wire very tricky the bend in to tight spaces, something need to route around a mechbox. Compare this to the wire used in g&p mechboxes which is a tad thicker but very flexible and easy to manipulate.
      Then it comes to the ASCU it self, while it is quite compact, if you add the fuse assembly, it is physically impossible to fit this in a gun with a retractible stock, and still hope to use the sliding stock. (well any g&p gun with crane stock batteries at least)
      The unit does come with a years warranty, but only if fitted by a approved installer, so if you intend fitting this yourself, forget your warranty.

But aside from all this it does work. It does give all the crisp firing a mosfet should, the 3 round burst is good too, iv not experienced the double feeding, but it does backspin a little after firing, but maybe not enough to load another bb. i have an idea how this could be sorted though.

Overall my impressions of the ASCU are mixed, when installed it works as it should and lives up to the hype i think, but with the hassles installing, and i did have hassles, i am not too happy with it. i know airsoft is a tinkerers sport, we all love to play with our guns, but i got very frustrated to the point of thinking this wasnt worth the money.

But this is my last gripe! £65 for the ASCU (pretty good value for a fancy mosfet)
      + around £30 for carriage from HK (hmm not so good now)
      and then...
      + £26 for customs charges (F*** is this really worth £120??)

I will leave that up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
        cool. I was under the impression (from reviews and such) you couldn't use it with the arl...
        The ASCU claims that you do not need the ARL. And technically, if the gears stop at the piston rest place like it should, there is no need. However, as seen it can overspin. The ARL does no harm, so really removing it is a small (but pointless) risk. There is no advantage to not having it, except slight reduction in gearbox noise.

Originally posted by Clot View Post
        Im not convinced of this claim of the 3rd burst. Stating that you have to listen and release the trigger at the right time to get it...

You can do that with any normal aeg.

My current mosfet does a 3rd burst without having to worry about timing...
        You misread what I have said. The 3 round burst is the result of a quick trigger pull. If you release quick enough, you'll notice it continues to shoot until all 3 rounds are done. As this happens in a fraction of a second, it's hard to notice. But works none the less.

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
        arm not sure what you mean clot. i was under the impression its its gentle tap on auto for a 3 round burst, then hold auto for auto. don't think there is any timing/adjusting to it. I think maybe what jag wrote was just a little confusing
        Caffin is correct. One touch of the trigger on auto will do 3 shots regardless. If you still have you finger on the trigger after shot 3, it goes straight into auto.

Originally posted by jimbobcress View Post
        I got one of these a few weeks back and have only just got it fitted.
        What a pain in the arse it was!!
        The switch/sensor cable is fragile as hell, its very easy to snag or nick the tiny wires inside. do this and you are knackered! Adios ASCU!
        the motor wires are of poor quality in my opinion, when i opened the packet one of the wires insulation had cracked and was showing bare cable, also the wire very tricky the bend in to tight spaces, something need to route around a mechbox. Compare this to the wire used in g&p mechboxes which is a tad thicker but very flexible and easy to manipulate.
        Then it comes to the ASCU it self, while it is quite compact, if you add the fuse assembly, it is physically impossible to fit this in a gun with a retractible stock, and still hope to use the sliding stock. (well any g&p gun with crane stock batteries at least)
        The unit does come with a years warranty, but only if fitted by a approved installer, so if you intend fitting this yourself, forget your warranty.

But aside from all this it does work. It does give all the crisp firing a mosfet should, the 3 round burst is good too, iv not experienced the double feeding, but it does backspin a little after firing, but maybe not enough to load another bb. i have an idea how this could be sorted though.

Overall my impressions of the ASCU are mixed, when installed it works as it should and lives up to the hype i think, but with the hassles installing, and i did have hassles, i am not too happy with it. i know airsoft is a tinkerers sport, we all love to play with our guns, but i got very frustrated to the point of thinking this wasnt worth the money.

But this is my last gripe! £65 for the ASCU (pretty good value for a fancy mosfet)
        + around £30 for carriage from HK (hmm not so good now)
        and then...
        + £26 for customs charges (F*** is this really worth £120??)

I will leave that up to you.
        A fair review I think, at £120 new into the UK, this unit is not really worth it at full price. It does the same job as a £70 Extreme Fire MOSFET, and the trigger can be modded for a short pull fairly easily. Infact, I can't argue with anything you say there!

Comment

let us know when you have time to put the arl back in jag
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Done it, double feed fixed

Comment

ahh good good. its back on the list

Comment

is this thing compatable with all make guns as im interested in this and i got a ics m4
                I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

the standard one doesn't work with ics m4. the ics version is still in progress

Comment

Should work with older ICS M4's without the spilt gearbox design.

Comment

As everyone seems to think you can only get from HK for £120ish.
                      PM Me and i can tell you where to get it £12.50 cheaper, delivered and from UK

Comment

you can get it delivered from the guys who make it for a bit less than a hundred!

Comment

I had mine delivered from the Wild dog who is red for £77.00, then got stung with import tax for £25.00 so all in just over £100.00, just waiting for my other delivery from hong kong with grip and i can put this thing back together with the new mosfet.
                          I just hope this does everything it claims to do.

Comment

Have had one of these for a couple of moths, fitted to a Systema m100 gearbox with magnum motor, Love it, havent had any trouble since fitting although the fitting itself was a little tricky at first with the awkward wiring.
                            Biggest advantage to me is that this thing wont lock up on semi auto. which is fantastic if you play at a site which only allows semi in the entire site.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                            Working...
                            X