Element M961 (Surefire Clone) Mini review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Element M961 (Surefire Clone) Mini review

Since the release of the Element M961 ,M600c and M951.

I have not seen any reviews of it and how good it is so i decided to do a mini review of it.
    This being my first air soft tac light i did not expect much from it but i was surprised by its performance.

First of all , I brought this for £36 from a HK company with 4 words.

It took just over a week to ship because they were taking stock counts which delayed the operation of the store, But once it was shipped it took about 4-5 days to arrive.

It arrived in a standard paper parcel bag thing.
    The Torch its self is in a plastic bag with a cardboard backing saying "Element M961"

The package contained the torch and pressure pad (Obviously).

Now down to the performance/ Looks.

First few pictures are just the basic stuff.

It has a faded out Surefire trade mark which doesn't really bother me as i am after performance.

The torch it self takes 3xCR123A with a LED Bulb.

Performance wise it is fantastic!
    I have one picture at the bottom of it being used in my garden but that is only 10M long so does not really show much, So i tested it out over the gardens at a building that is no long used whhich is 50M away (Checked on google earth) and it lights the whole thing up perfectly .

The pressure pad its self is not pictured as it is still attached to my rifle.
    The only thing i dislike about the torch is the pressure pad , It is way to sensitive and the Velcro sticky tabs that are supplied with the torch don't stick to the pressure pad >.<

Other then that it is a very very good torch which i would quite happily recommend to any one else.
    I would guess that the other two torches by element will have the same performance

And well i hope this helps

Cheeers

John

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Re: Element M961 (Surefire Clone) Mini review

Nice little review, very good piece of gear, have one myself

Comment

Although I don't have this specific model I do own the Element M600c replica. For the money it is a great piece - metal (a good weight), stupidly bright, trades, seems tough, reasonable price. Unless I can find a real Surefire M951 cheapish somewhere I'll be picking the Element clone of that up too. They've done a real good job on 'em.

Comment

if you spray some silicone spray on the surefire markings, you can take most of the black off..its only done by a marker pen..comes right off
        sigpic

Comment

That looks very realistic, I've got a proper m962 and although the coating is a different colour they have the rest spot on.
          Very nice for the cash.
          Real ones have a 125 or 225 lumen xenon bulb so the element one will possibly be brighter and have better battery life as well.
          I had an element m600 and that was similarly good. Compared to the real one you can easily tell which is which (giving the two to my girlfreind she spotted it straight away) but considering the price difference they are great.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gijohn2 I like Trains. Find out more about gijohn2
          Working...
          X