Mich 2000 Heavyweight Replica Helmet *picture heavy!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mich 2000 Heavyweight Replica Helmet *picture heavy!*

Having bought a replica PASGT when first getting my bearings on newly available gear (compared to 4 years ago when i last played), i was so disappointed when it arrived. It was so light in weight that i could have drop kicked it to the moon. It echoed when you talked and had a finish that was smoother than a baby's a*se, and incidently - mine was one of the better ones!. After a bit of hunting around i came across this, which boasted about a better finish and more importantly a much chunkier feel and weight to it. I swallowed the bigger price tag and took the plunge. Needless to say I was so impressed i thought i'd share the love

First review though guys, so bare with me! I should probably also add; this review is completely impartial as i am in no way related to the company who makes these, nor do i sell them.

Firstly, this is what the production company have to say about the MICH TC-2000 ACH Replica Helmet with NVG Mount ACU:

FEATURES:
    • Replica full size Modular Integrated Communication Helmet (MICH) TC-2000 Kevlar Helmet.
    • Made of 5 layers fiber glass material.
    • Maximum durability and realism.
    • 7 pieces sponge padding inside.
    • VAS type metal NVG mount installed, compatible with PSV-7 or PSV-14.
    • Velcro panels arround for patch attachment.
    • Adjustable suspender straps and chin/neck pad for fitting.
    • Perfect helmet for collectors, airsoft/paintball players.

DETAILS:
    • Color - ACU
    • Size - Medium to Large
    • Weight - 1218g

Unlike the previously bought replica helmet from china/hongkong, this one actually arrived in a well sealed incognito box as apposed to a helmet shaped white package (the postman loved that one). The first thing i noticed was the huge difference in weight from the cheap ABS PASGT, this thing weighs a ton! It arrived in a respectable amount of time from that neck of the woods - around 13 days iirc.

Upon opening the box i was even more surprised to find it actually came with a (cheapy) tan coloured dust bag - nice touch.

Now, i should add that i have had this helmet for a while but haven't yet skirmished it hence the addons, lack of box to show and clean unused condition...

It comes in Black, Tan, OD and FG, I chose the Foliage green/grey colour to go with my ACU setup, and despite it looking absolutely great (in my opinion), it's a choice that i have admittedly regretted slightly as it seems to be extremely uncommon to see others of similar colour (maybe this is a good thing? If you like being unique i guess!), nevertheless it will get worn both under a camo cover and 'birthday suit'.

Moving on...

As previously mentioned, the weight is fantastic - it's hard to tell this from a real steel imo unless you really look at the details. It comes with a textured finish and velcro patching for insignia; which looks to be pretty well attached with what seems to be a fairly high bonding glue of some sort. The helmet claims to be made from 5 layers of fibre glass - and i can believe it. I also suspect the ballistic strength of this would raise a few eyebrows. Seriously, this thing is a tank!

NOTE** Union Jack + goggle straps did not come with the helmet - They are on for size comparison and to show finished result

+++++

The helmet also comes with a replica 'Ops-Core' VAS Shroud NVG mount which is made from some form of metal, most likely steel from the feel of it. The finish isn't bad at all aside from some very slight casting marks along some of the edges and the impressed logo doesn't seem quite as deepl or well defined as the genuine one - but seriously, unless you stare at it and then hold a realsteel against it you won't notice!

+++++

The inside sports the standard 7-piece pad system. It's not exactly going to match a SKYDEX setup, but we're airsofters c'mon! They are comfy enough, and as i only recently discovered, the main pad for the top of your mullet has two seperate layers of foam inside the fabric sleeve. Being a replica, it only comes in the one size - Medium, so i chose to remove one layer so that it sits a bit lower on my obviously elongated head to save too much movement (remember the weight). Underneath the pads is a generic array of velcro disc shaped sticky things which are again well stuck down and do their job of holding the pads (or any replacement ones you may prefer?) in place. As with all MICH helmets, real or replica, you can customise the padding to suit by simply rearranging them in a way that makes you happy.

Only one piece in this picture, the other is lurking somewhere in my bag

+++++

The 4-points harness is the weak point of the helmet i feel, it's not bad, it's just not great either. The actual straps are fine, and the neck pad is also unoffensive, the stitching and plastic helmet-attachment points are adequate aswell - it's the buckle that's the boker. There are a lot of casting marks and it's general shape and design is pretty bad. In it's defense however, it hasn't come out yet and i've tugged it a good few times (so to speak). It's quality certainly doesn't match the rest of the helmet which is a disappointment but if anyone is put off by this don't be, a genuine US army standard replacement is about a tenner posted on a certain auction site if you know where to look, and as i said - it's yet to come undone.

+++++

Finally a couple of random shots - The back of the VAS mount with it's 3 screws and plastic washers and a safety sticker with surprisingly no spelling errors.

+++++

So what did it cost? A bit of a stingy $39.99 which roughly translates at around £25.00 with about the same again in postage.

So at more than double the price of other replicas, but less than half the price of a real steel, taking into consideration the velcro pads and NVG mount - is it worth it? Quite simply - yes

If you want a helmet which will offer you increased ballistic protection, a stylish NVG mount and somewhere to stick your flag then it's worth the money in my humble opinion.

Here is the link to the exact retailer: Airsoft-Club

Any questions guys feel free to ask
    Last edited by izza; 3 November, 2010, 23:24.
    Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Re: Mich 2000 Heavyweight Replica Helmet *picture heavy!*

Excellent, comprehensive review. I'm tempted. How long was delivery? And did Parcel Farce charge their generous £12.50 fee simply for taking import duty from you?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

Re: Mich 2000 Heavyweight Replica Helmet *picture heavy!*

Sorry for the mega late reply.

Delivery was around 2 weeks iirc, and i personally had no problems with added fees.
      Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

izza Find out more about izza
      Working...
      X