IMI Defence holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMI Defence holster

I got one of these recently and I decided it was so good I should review. This is my first review so go easy on me, I know it's hard.

Let's star with some history on the company:

Israel Military Iindustries Ltd. is a weapons manufacturer based in Israel unofficially started in 1933 by the Israeli government.

It mainly manufactures ammunition, firearms (e.g. Tavor, Galil, Uzi and Desert Eagle) and military tech for the Israeli security forces and the Isreali Defence Force. Although it's products are sold worldwide.

The IMI Defence Holster:

I have found this an excellent holster. It comes with a very paddle attachment. It also feels very rugged yet light.

Very similar to Blackhawk as you can probably see from the pictures. In fact it's almost identical except it comes in OD Green, Tan and Black. It's is also £30 for holster and paddle and a mere £10-£12 for the molle attachment which I have yet to buy so I cannot comment on it.

Another difference is that the holster is a lot slimmer and more "toned" to the gun and has no unnecessary plastic parts like the Blackhawk.

The locking system is the exact same as the Blackhawk, you slide the pistol in and a clip slips in front of the trigger housing locking it in place. You then depress the outer lever to release the pistol, simples.

The main problem I have with IMI is they don't do left handed versions of these which is infuriating as I now have to get a different holster if I want to take another pistol into the field at the same time.

Finally you'll be pleased to know that these will fit:
    -Sig Sauer P226
    -Glock 17/22/31
    -Colt 1911
    -Beretta 92/96

Hope this is useful. Many thanks for reading,

George

I don't know how to adjust where pictures can go so they're all here, sorry:

Re: IMI Defence holster

Nice review I thought they did a holster for glock 19.any way please checkout my other threads( currently having a problem with a gbb mag
    Don't u hate it how glock is corrected to flock by ipods

Comment

It's a shame they don't make one for Desert Eagles!
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

When using the molle attachment make sure the holster is in the horizontal position, because verticaly mounted it will keep coming off your vest.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
          When using the molle attachment make sure the holster is in the horizontal position, because verticaly mounted it will keep coming off your vest.
          Happen to you mate? I would hope it would be obvious to do that, just like it's obvious how to angle the holster.

Dualdeserteagle: They do do a Glock 19 holster, http://www.imidefense.com/Products/P...lock.html#look. Just can't find any on a British site, you can order from the above link.

Longshot: Same as above, they do make one (they should as they created it) but again you need to order from the company as no Britt companies have them, http://www.imidefense.com/Products/P.../IWI.html#look

At the bottom of the page are some updates to what you can buy in Britain. They are a dropleg attachment and a low-ride belt loop.

Also on their website you can buy M4 speedmags, pepperspray pouch, handcuff pouch and there are two types of belt attachments.

Comment

well handy with the belt extender attachment if you don't like a proper drop leg rig.I haven't skirmished with it yet as i only got it in the week but it'll should easily clear my mbss rig without getting snagged.

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
              Longshot: Same as above, they do make one (they should as they created it) but again you need to order from the company as no Britt companies have them, http://www.imidefense.com/Products/P.../IWI.html#look
              That's for a Jericho (the 'Baby Desert Eagle'). I'm not actually sure anyone makes this type of holster for a full size Desert Eagle just because of the size and weight of it.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Sickboy76: Let me know what it's like please as I'm interested as it would save space on the rig but I'm not sure yet.

Jericho: Ah, sorry bout that mate. Just had a look on an airsoft shop in Camden and they sell a BladeTech drop leg holster for a .50 cal Deagle for £89.99.

Comment

Yeah, the only Desert Eagle holster I've ever seen was the drop leg variety - never seen anything you can get for molle.

I've made my own custom Desert Eagle molle vest - the holster is basically an M4 double mag pouch with some creative cutting done to it. The velcro sits over to hold the gun in place. It's not 'quick draw,' but it does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                    Yeah, the only Desert Eagle holster I've ever seen was the drop leg variety - never seen anything you can get for molle.

I've made my own custom Desert Eagle molle vest - the holster is basically an M4 double mag pouch with some creative cutting done to it. The velcro sits over to hold the gun in place. It's not 'quick draw,' but it does the trick.
                    Ahh fair enough, I'll keep my eye out for you mate. Good luck finding one

Comment

Using the belt drop extender on it, I took it to skirmish last night, no problems holstering or unholstering apart from the standard dumb A$$ missing the holster and dropping it in the pitch black.

Only thing i found was that i had to take an allen key to the holster and rotate it a couple of notches to avoid the edge of my mbss carrier, but that was a two minute job back in the safe zone. The release button has a hole in it that allows you easy access to the allen key, even though i'm pretty sure you be able to do it from inside the holster anyway.

Makes a huge difference from a velcro/popper style holster already and it was cheap as chips.

Comment

Hey guys could you get your pistol in here with a silencer on it? Oh and can I be a bit naughty and ask if anyone knows how to get your barrel silver? Thanks
                        Don't u hate it how glock is corrected to flock by ipods

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Collector Find out more about The Collector
                        Working...
                        X