TM Sopmod m4 battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Sopmod m4 battery

hey guys, im putting this up for a sneek peak at how the sopmod battery is MEANT to perform

BUT , for the stock batteries the rof is acceptable,
    the range of game play depends on how much trigger use the weapon gets,

so if trigger happy and shoot an average of 4000 in a few games using high caps, you will need two or three standard Voltage batteries

But is you have had the cells changed by either a RC shop or by richardy

the cells are now Larger and the battery is a 9.6 1600 or above battery and the battery will last half a day on 4000-5000 rounds

so here is a video of the upgraded cells for the tm sopmod, compare this to your stock battery's, and think ..... hmmm do i need more then 2 batterys or shall i get bigger cells and fewer batteries before you make the lipo jump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTUW4QE9ng

Re: TM Sopmod m4 battery

It is worth doing to all Sopmod batterys.
    Luckily i was able to change my 8.4v to 9.6v myself didnt have to spent any money.
    B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Originally posted by SA-80_DUDE25 View Post
      It is worth doing to all Sopmod batterys.
      Luckily i was able to change my 8.4v to 9.6v myself didnt have to spent any money.
      Could you help me.

How do you change it.

Pictures or video.

9.6 is so much better

Comment

change out the wiring to either tamiya or deans and buy a normal cranestock 9.6v 2200mamp battery from your favourate auction site for £20

Job Done!
        Every man dies, but not every man really lives

Comment

i dont have any problems with my standard battery!

i just give it a boo0ster charge at dinner break (even that only takes a few mins) and it last all day easy.

i will be changing to 7.4v lipo soon tho

Comment

Originally posted by Farmerjohn View Post
            change out the wiring to either tamiya or deans and buy a normal cranestock 9.6v 2200mamp battery from your favourate auction site for £20

Job Done!
            I thought about doing this, but i saw a friends who had done it and it made the stock (the part that holds the battery, not the tube) have alot of wobbly in it.
            So decided to upgrade the marui batterys.

And i think personally the quick change system is very cool, part of the sopmods character

And telling how i upgraded the batterys wouldnt be right, i dont want to tread on anyones feet (Richardy)
            B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Recommended Charge Time.

What is the recommended charge time for the standard sopmod battery.
              8.4 1300 mAh. Time (Hours)

I've got the original charger designed to charge the battery.

I'm using a TM EG 30,000 and the rate of fire is awesome on my TM Recce

Comment

You have to be careful when upgrading to a 9.6v it puts strain on you gears and if your SOPMOD had the original monkey gears then you need to upgrade or your screwed!.the best bet is to get a new set of gears.
                Prometheus Hard Torque Gear Set they replace the standard TM monkey metal gears which tend to fail after about a year of use. These gears are torque for more battery life and a faster trigger response. They are balanced for an over all more efficient cycle and most importantly Prometheus gear sets never break.. there for they are worth every penny.
                I have upgraded my cells but only to keep the battery life..not to increase rate of fire...
                Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
                  You have to be careful when upgrading to a 9.6v it puts strain on you gears and if your SOPMOD had the original monkey gears then you need to upgrade or your screwed!
                  Utter BS, MY SOPMOD has been running 9.6's for over a year, everything BUT the gears have been upgraded and its fine. Had a few services and jack wrong with the gears.

@Guard on battery life I used 2x 9.6 for the weekender last year, one got topped up other never went flat.
                  Last edited by ThePope; 17 February, 2011, 11:44.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                    Utter BS, MY SOPMOD has been running 9.6's for over a year, everything BUT the gears have been upgraded and its fine. Had a few services and jack wrong with the gears..
                    You can't say that mate, I had a mate he did the same as you..and his SOPMOD gears after a year got completely crushed...and he was not a trigger happy person..so at the end its just wear and tear and how you play..
                    Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                    Working...
                    X