Z tactical ZSordin Headset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z tactical ZSordin Headset

Decided to go ahead and order a set of these for possible use at CHD this year.

At slightly over £49 these are an absolute bargain for what they offer especially considering the price of the real deal even second hand, which a fair few fellow softers have gone for!

They arrived less than two weeks later from HK the first thing which is nice to notice is that they come in a nice professional looking (and blurb covered) box, as well as a pleasant change over a see through bag it offers some small amount of protection during shipping.

On opening the box again you find care has been taken to protect the headset from thrashing around the box.

And the headset itself with my PTT (PTT is not included with headset)

In the box is a set of (possibly genuine? :p) Energizer AAA's sadly however there is no instruction at all what way these go into the headset, with the laws of the universe as they are it was the last way I tried them.

The batteries sit one atop the other the lower battery sits with the positive terminal towards the battery cover and I find is easiest pushed into place by gently pressing down on with a ball point pen or similar. Then the second AAA sits atop with the negative terminal facing the battery cover.

Once these are in and the battery cover screwed back in place you can try them out, there is no need to attach a radio for this part should you wish.

With the headset on press the power button (middle of three) and you hear a short beep at this time the amplification kicks in and you can either lower it to minimal or increase to high. At the highest setting sounds such as footsteps become very pronounced and I can see this as an advantage both in CQB and even woodland.

To test the auto cut off for loud noises function I placed a MK5 on a raised surface at about knee height and stood approx 1 meter away facing it. When the pyro went off the headset did indeed cut out in effect acting as a simple pair of ear defenders, perfect! This was for note with the amplification turned up the max.

Performance with a PTT and radio attached was good with very decent sound quality and no problems. I actually found the volume a bit lower than the replica bowman style headsets which tend to be far too loud with radios like my cobra which lacks analogue volume control, again this was not too quiet simply I could hear normally with my radios volume set low rather than half the site hearing what I could hear!

I was hesitant about ordering these with a large number of people posting negative reviews on the site that sells them however I was sure this was down to a combination of user error and people actually posting about earlier non branded headsets.

The major issues seemed to be people not being able to use mic with radio, this is an issue with the PTT not the headset, when you buy the kind of PTT this headset and the replica bowmans use the instructions implicitly inform you to "ram the headset plug very hard in to the PTT socket" if you don't do this you will have issues trying to transmit.

Secondly people were complaining about the batteries getting stuck inside the headset, I found the lower battery is pretty firmly in place but a simple hard slap will see it come out and the headset seems fairly solid enough to take this, for those less manly a small flat head screwdriver can be used to wedge the battery out if need be.

Overall the only thing I can fault these on is the lack of any instruction on how the batteries should be placed, everything works perfectly and the price is just amazing given the features.

I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a set to go with a specific load out or even moving on from a more simple headset without spending a fortune.
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Re: Z tactical ZSordin Headset

just to add to this i have used them loads over the past few months and the free batterys are still running them fine, so dont worrie about filling them up with batts every week!!!! awsome bit of kit

Comment

I know this is a old thread but quite interested in these!

Are they worth the money?
      Still working?
      Strong?

Tell me a bit more about PTs?!?
      Will they fit under a mich 2000??
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

i have a set, they do fit under 2000's, but for me it doesn't feel right. I don't know why but it seems that the helmet is pushing down and them and pushing the base in and the top out. can't really describe it. Plus my chin strap gets in the way when putting the helmet on or taking it off. seems to get caught on the mic.
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

What if you take the side padding out? Or make it so there is a space above your head...

Also I've seen there are 3 versions.... What's the difference?!?
          FOR SALE

Comment

yeah i've got some of the padding taken out so that it sits better. not sure about the variances between the models though.
            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Sadly the website doesn't give all that much info
              FOR SALE

Comment

It would be best to buy a mich 2001 due to open ears, and add an opscore chinstrap as they clear the earpro edges, and are more comfy, easier to adjust, and twice as stable(in theory).

Comment

iv had a set of these and a friend of mine also... both only lasted 6 months untill they started playing up.... battery draining, random static sounds etc.

now have a set of real sordins with mic boom and they are 200 times better in every way, you defo get what you pay for. the fake ones dont really offer any hearing protection compaired to the RS headset. once you don them you cannot hear anything till you turn them on. unlike the fake ones.

just my views on having owned a few headsets now. i still have a set of comtacts aswell which i would say are better than the fake sordins.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

273BeLow Find out more about 273BeLow
                  Working...
                  X