Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

MAG 2500 Roud m249 cloth magazine for CA/TOP/A&K (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAG 2500 Roud m249 cloth magazine for CA/TOP/A&K (pic heavy)

I thought i would have a go at writing a review as i couldnt find any for the above. please give any feedback on the review as i wish to write more in the future

I decided to get a cloth style mag as i really dont like the big plastic green one.
    They come in OD,woodland(DPM?),Desert and DPCU (dont know whos camo it is but it looks funky)

I paid around £55 for this one plus postage.

It came in a plain brown box with a sticker on top,but i wasnt interested in that i wanted the goodies inside

The box contains the following:
    OD Box mag (derr)
    Top magazine adaptor
    CA/A&K magazine adaptor
    Feed spring (came attached to CA adaptor)
    Small peice of sticky back velcro
    instruction page

Now even though this is described as a cloth mag the Box is mostly made of a nice feeling ABS plastic with the cloth bit just a cover.
    the metal bits are the release latch,the zip and part of the bit that holds your innert rounds in place.

Assembly was easy you just push the spring into the small hole wher the bb's feed (see pic below) and if you want the Top connector instead of the CA you simply pull it out and replace it with the Top one.No tools are required at all.

In the above pic you can also see the springy peice of metal to hold innert rounds in place and the feed switch (i will get to these in a bit)

To fill the magazine and insert battery you simply pop the press stud on the zip and unzip it as far as you need too.This is probably the bit i love the most (sad really) Its a great safey feature to stop your zip from coming open and your battery falling loose.The zip goes all along the bottom of the pouch and stops in about the same place it starts but on the other side.

The battery needed is a 9v.It sits in a perfectly sized recess,the 2.5k bbs are poured into the small 17mmx9mm hole the hole is coverd by a sliding hatch.
    I think refilling under pressure in the field will be a little slow or very messy.

The mag slide clip is metal with a nice spring to it (much nicer looking than the plastic one on the A&K) but the surrounding part that slides into the gun is still plastic.
    When it came to connecting the mag to the gun i had a slight problem.The magazine connector fit perfect but unfortunately the slide clip wouldnt catch.I had to file about half a millimeter of the bottom part of the gun where it clips into place. it now locks in but it is very tight(a bit more off might help)

The other peice of metal is the part that holds the innert rounds in place.This is simply a case of pushing the rounds in place you dont need any force and they wont come out either.(see pic 2)

On to the last bit, the feed switch. This will be familiar to anyone who has owned/used a laser or torch with a tail switch. you simply squeeze the pad and the bb's feed into the gun.

The really clever bit about this is that the switch wire pulls out and pushes back into the box mag without any effort.Great for when your transporting too and from games so you dont damage the wire.The total lengh of the wire is 17cm ( 6 3/4 inches)plenty to reach the pistol grip

The mag feeds perfect and is very quiet compared to my A&K one

Ok so i cant thing of anything else to put really,i suppose i shall do a pros/cons thing as people sem to like them

Pros
    Looks awsome
    smaller than the old green one wih the same capacity
    quiet feeding
    9v battery so it should keep up with most people ROF
    cheap replacement (if you shop around)

Cons
    I had to sligtly file part of my gun down to fit (might just be becuse its an A&K)
    expensive if you dont look in the right places (Ive seen these for £110)

And now for some gratuitous shots

Re: MAG 2500 Roud m249 cloth magazine for CA/TOP/A&K (pic heavy)

So i have had a few people asking about this and one of them was about filing the gun so it locks into place properly.

Simply file the red area until the mag click's into place

Comment

Re: MAG 2500 Roud m249 cloth magazine for CA/TOP/A&K (pic heavy)

very nice coz! im liking the look. definately contrasts with the weapon in mind.
      J

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coz Find out more about Coz
      Working...
      X