Bolle Tracker Glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolle Tracker Glasses

Just bought these - fantastic bit of kit. Comfortable, unobtrusive and no fogging (yet). They are normal 'legged' glasses however come with a headband to keep them in place.

£15 - £20 on airsoft sites although if you search a well known DIY trade website you may be able to find them described as 'Bolle Eyewear Clear Lens Safety Specs' for £9.99 incl VAT
    Last edited by old_and_slow; 16 March, 2011, 10:18. Reason: spolling mustake

Re: Bolle Tracker Glasses

I've got these too, very impressed and to EN 166 (Which a lot of airsoft goggles aren't)
    As above get them from a trade shop and they'll be cheaper.
    The headband gives extra security but they fit nicely without too.
    It's worth noting these are cheaper than some of the "Airsoft goggles" which have no safety rating, I quite like having eyes so I went for the safe option!

Comment

I got some too, the yellow lenses go great with a British DPM kit. I think I got mine for £7.99 actually, thought it was a steal! They're awesomely comfortable and combined with a half mesh Strike style mask, you've got face protection whilst retaining crystal clear vision. Spot on!

In fact I'm wearing them in my avatar :D

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

just had a quick read up on en166 as ive never heard of it before. does that mean any glasses/goggles at en166 will be save to use ? how much fps at pointblank range would that protect you against?
        I ask because i want to move onto using protective glasses now as im fed up with the metal mesh type
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know the specifics of the resistance to FPS but they're the standard for the construction industry and have to be tested to a safety standard, the mesh ones aren't tested (Unless they are the type for use with chainsaws etc) and neither are the airsoft ones such as the Vipers. The reason they come up cheaper is they have to be issued as PPE to construction workers on a lot of sites now so they can't be too expensive. (As operatives have a habit of losing EVERTHING lol) The lenses AND the frames should both have EN166 written on them

Comment

I just bought a pair. Can't wait to try them out. I hope they don't fog up!

Comment

Will be popping out to get some today, cheers guys

Comment

EUROPEAN STANDARD * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *EN 166
                Frame Marking
                Mechanical Strength *
                nFrame marking must include the EC symbol and manufacturers identification (logo or brand). *
                nS – Extra strong, resists a 22mm 43g ball falling 1.30m
                nF – Low energy impact, resists a 6mm 0.86g ball at 45m/s
                nB – Average energy impact, resists a 6mm 0.86g ball at 120m/s
                nA – High energy impact, resists a 6mm 0.86g ball at 190m/s

Comment

EUROPEAN STANDARD * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *EN 166
                  Frame Marking
                  Mechanical Strength *
                  nFrame marking must include the EC symbol and manufacturers identification (logo or brand). *
                  nS – Extra strong, resists a 22mm 43g ball falling 1.30m
                  nF – Low energy impact, resists a 6mm 0.86g ball at 45m/s
                  nB – Average energy impact, resists a 6mm 0.86g ball at 120m/s
                  nA – High energy impact, resists a 6mm 0.86g ball at 190m/s

Comment

If these are the ones I think they are, with the foam surround, they fog like a bitch. I've tried all kinds of anti fog stuff that I use on different motorbike visors, and nada. Once they start steaming up, game over. Zero vis for rest of day, and I'm not a sweaty oaf type of person.
                    'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

As above really I brought some some thing they be like glasses but with a full seal around the eyes and they fogged up nicely however I did only have washing up liquid to stop them which would work for a time.

Comment

If you have a problem with them fogging up then you can remove the foam insert and wear them without it.

Comment

I've since purchased a pair of ESS ICE...

Why the f**k didn't I do that before?

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerSmurf View Post
                            If these are the ones I think they are, with the foam surround, they fog like a bitch. I've tried all kinds of anti fog stuff that I use on different motorbike visors, and nada. Once they start steaming up, game over. Zero vis for rest of day, and I'm not a sweaty oaf type of person.
                            Interesting, I suppose it varies from person to person. I have two sets, shaded and the yellow lensed versions. They do fog a bit, but I find, some Cat Crap does a brilliant job of stopping that problem!
                            Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                            There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mine fog up like a beeyatch now! How do you find the ESS ones Bluegill? Do they still fog up?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X